Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:22 pm 
Guppy

just wondering what the ice is out in point anne any information would be greatly appreciated

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:01 pm 
Walleye

Muddywater wrote:
just wondering what the ice is out in point anne any information would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Not sure on the ice out in front of Pointe Anne. I heard that it wasn't all that safe last week. I believe someone from here went through but had been prepared for the worst and did manage to get out safely on their own. I'm fishing out on the big island side and there is about 8 inches of ice over there.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:25 pm 
Guppy

wow well over 100 views but only 1 response thank you for the response but sheesh lurkers can be a nuisance

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:03 am 
Walleye

Muddywater:if you read some of the threads on this site,you will see that a man went thru the ice.I've fished Point Anne for 20 years WHEN YOU HEAR SOMEONE WENT THRU YOU STAY OFF!!!! Some people just kill me,they want to check the ice for them,tell them where you fish,what lure you use...etc.No person's life is worth a fish.We got a lot of snow on Tuesday,so you wouldn't untill you step in to a wet spot how good/bad the ice is,going down that way today to check it out,will let you know if I see anybody down there.THAT"S MY RANT FOR 2008 :mrgreen:

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:18 am 
Walleye Master

Maybe there is no report because no one is trusting the ice enough to be out there on it...or reccomend anyone else to be out there on it! ........ dont slam the board. or the lurkers........ not nice
there is places to fish out there maybe they dont want to post because they are afraid tomarrow there will be 50 people around the hole they fished yesterday with not a soul around them.......... saying that try Big Bay. its a huge area slack water, and safe ice in some. (Not All) areas... id tell you were to park but if i do that when i get there later id have no place to park lol........... oh yah and the best bite is between midnight, and like 4;30 in the morning.......... good luck guys. happy jiggin

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:07 pm 
Walleye Master

Grizzly my buddies been slamming them near deseronto SOMEWHERE not sure where @ 4am! Its been cold but Im staying away from pointe anne!
Mike :)

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:52 am 
Walleye Master

wont be long mike you should be back out there........... big bay has tons of ice, the perch bite has been great...... eyes have been spotty but around,,,,,, got one yesterday in the 10-11 pound range......... i tried the evening bite yesterday............ im thinking ill get out there tomarrow good hockey today ill stay in *L* . good luck

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:56 am 
Guppy

lots of perch stealing my minnows and 1 nice eater :(

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:05 pm 
Guppy

I'm headin up tonite from Cambridge. We want to fish the big bay area. Would anyone be so kind as to tell us where we can park to get on the bay?
We would like to fish the Sherman and Thompson's pt area but I think we have to cross the ferry to get out that way. we where there in the late fall and did very well. we launched from Picton.
Any Info on both these areas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Steely2...Scott

banner ad
banner ad