Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:14 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

I was out this morning and tonight, they weren't hitting to hard they must be getting a new set of teeth! I got 3 walleyes this morning one being in the teens which is nice to see and at night only managed one. we fish big island a good 8 to 10 inches. I took the 4 wheeler across the tug boat line it was nice to get to the other side! I don't know why but it felt like the grass was greener on the other side!
I think tomorrow is going to be a good bite with the weather warming up heck even my calendar has a full black fish on it for tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:02 pm 
Walleye Angler

I can report a slow bite in Hay Bay today. Fished the old church with only perch biting. Tomorrow is another day :D

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:47 am 
Walleye

slow bite in trenton yesterday, Fishing the south end of the bay by the island. Caught a small bass and a friend of my missed a huge pike 15lbs. at least. Heading back out today to see if I can get em.

good luck to all and tight lines...Mobb

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:56 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

The calendar was right they were hitting this morning! I got four fish this morning between 715 and 800, I also lost a big walleye at the hole. That was a beautiful morning out there I was happy to get into them early before all the traffic came out, man there must be alot of fisherman just starting ice fishing or coming out of retirement because it was packed around big Island, I've never seen it like that! I didn't see to much action going on around me just alot of movement from ice fisherman.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:48 pm 
Walleye Master

fished big bay myself today and yer right, never seen so many trucks around, and tons of fishermen. I got a late start but fished form about 8 til 2;30 first time ive ever been skunked on walleye in big bay but managed a few perch. i guess i got there to late, but it was a slow bite anyways and didnt see much around me either........... did loose a fish at the hole that felt pretty good but never got a look at it so who knows what it was, if it was a perch it was world class lol........ oh well. there is always tomarrow. right . good luck guys

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:41 pm 
Walleye

fished herchimer today, had the place to myself apart from the guy in the only hut out there. I was about 200 yard past the hut and thier was a good 8 inches of black ice. Only managed 5 perch, i move 3 times but nothing. aw well.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:55 pm 
Walleye Angler

Fished today from 1pm - 6pm 2 eyes and a 12 inch jumbo perch. Fished out from the old church in Hay bay. 8 inches if good ice.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:42 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hey Onelast, was out from the church myself today. Fished from 9:00 til about 6:00 a bunch of perch and one eye. What were you guys driving/fishing out of?
Will be out again next weekend too as long as the warm spell doesn't hurt the ice too much.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:25 pm 
Walleye Master

Big Island out from Marina on Sunday, got a slow start guys in front of us caught 10 and kept all day.... There big fish was 30"..... Stayed for the night bite and went 2/3 19"ers. And my buddy missed one and got a 12" perch. Feels good to get em now that the ice is done for a bit!
Mike :)

banner ad
banner ad