Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:40 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Went out with BayBoy this afternoon and began fishing at 1345, out about 300 yards from the Shermans Launch Ramp, the two of us and approx 65 other fishers scattered from the Yellow Marker(out for the winter) over on Shermans Pt Shoal, and ALL over the surrounding ice.

Speaking of the ice, it was kinda wet walking out thru the slush and soft snow. The ice wasn't as thick as it was on Friday afternoon, but there was enough to cut thru and feel fairly secure that we wouldn't crash thru. I wouldn't want to try walking out to where we were next weekend with the temp on the plus side all week.

BayBoy was trying plastic on a jig and I stuck with my Little Cleo and a couple of muds. We could see the occasional fish being landed by a group east of us and we saw a couple landed while we were walking out.

I felt the rod pulse at 1420 and set the hook and reeled in a nice 3 lber, BayBoy switched to mud minnows shortly thereafter. You gotta try something different once in a while, perhaps they'll work next time.

We fished til 1545 and we headed back to shore, saw some fish outside a fish shelter and watched the group east of fish pose for pictures with their catch, they had a nice number of fish from what we could observe rom several hundred yards.

Sloshed out way back to shore and back for a brown pop.

The weather was nice, no wind to speak of and the holes didn't get slushed over and we never had any problem with frozen guides - kinda nice for a change.

We'll see what the weather brings in the next while to see if the ice will revive and refreeze.

Stay safe and be careful going out this week.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years