Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Passports
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:11 pm 
Walleye

There is so much confusion around passports, I'm wondering if anyone has the definitive answer. Do Americans need a passport to cross the Canadian border?

I know that President Bush signed legislation that delays the need for a passport for anyone coming into the U.S. via vehicle (land) until 2009. What I don't know, is if I need a passport when I come to BOQ next month?

And, if I do, what happens if I don't have it back in time? In other words, I've applied, but the time it takes to get it processed and back may take longer than 2 months. Anyone have any answers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:35 pm 
Walleye

Pay express fees. You do not need a passport crossing in or out of Canada by land until further notice (expected in 2009). You do not need a passport to enter Canada by air, BUT you have to have a passport to re-enter the USA by air. The jist of it is by land have photo ID and birth cert. for easy land travel. Passport by any air travel. I have recently researched this and hope it helps. Have fun fishing with Hardwater Ice Fishing God.
Greg

banner ad
 Post subject: Passport
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:06 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

I have to have one and despite the date of 2009, I would suggest that you follow the previous posters suggestion and express it given the time frame involved. I have to renew my own shortly, primarily for the purpose of work.

PS.- I must admit I would love to fish for some cuttys or goldens down in your neck of the woods. The last time I was even close (by continental standards...lol) was fishing for some redband trout in Bend Oregon about 6 years ago.

Regards
Donald Stokes
(borrowing ziffels computer)

banner ad
 Post subject: Don't need your PC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:46 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Don,

I think you can log on to hte board using your name and password regardless of whose PC you are using.

I've been using PC's in Toronto and Montreal using my naem and password.

Guess you're in Napanee - Did you get out on the ice?????

David aka Superdad

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:23 am 
Walleye

Thank you gentlemen for the clarification. As I noted, I have applied, but I understand there is a several month back-log, even if you pay the "expedited fee" of $150.

Looking forward to seeing my old friend Hardwater ... missed the trip last year, but my brother and our mutual friends did very well.

Ziffel: I moved from the Rocky Mountain State ... got tired of catching JUST trout. Plus, in the 10 years I lived there, I could only hardwater fish 2 of those years ... and again, primarily for trout. Now, I'm in Minnesota and have yet to venture out to one of the 10,000 lakes the state boasts of, but I'll be making a few forays out as soon as we get another cold snap. Thanks again guys and be safe on the ice.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:34 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Hi Rocky Mountain Man
I seem to venture into Minnesota every few years, but alas I am usually (read always) too tied up with work to fish in any serious capacity. I did go through it last year and actually ventured along through the northern states on the way back to work in western Canada. I also got to see the Freshwater Fishing Hall of fame in nearby Hayward WI, which to me was enjoyable.

Hi Superdad
I have sadly not gotten to icefish and have been home for the holidays, but somewhat sick with a cold for about.....10 days making it somewhat frustrating over Chirstmas. I am about to leave to get back to work. I know how to log into the computer thingy, but decided to take the quick way. I will be going wireless shortly as it gets very frustrating when I am working in the field. PS. I am slowly starting to write again and am beginning to get used to wearing reading glasses (this has been a very painful 6+ years with my eyes)

Regards
Donald Stokes
borrowing the ziffels computer

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:44 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Cross the border all the time to go to my camp. No passport needed, but bring to Id's with you .Birth certificate and driver's license are great

banner ad
banner ad