Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: feb 8-9
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:11 pm 
Walleye

a small fishing report and some out of towner view points.fished point anne boat launch friday afternoon,lots of perch ,no eyes.as stated earlier lots of ice,and i also met camo guy.he evened offerd me a ride on his 4wheeler but i declined,.saturday mornin went to shermans point.lots of ice again,no issue if i had brought my machine,walked out and joined the 20 or so people who where there@sunrise.again lots of perch no eyes.fished till noon.sat eve fished @northport,asked a landowner if i may use his right of way,'jerry' said sure ,very friendly fellow also.caught 1 eye and a few perch in 20fow.another land owner even gave me a ride in on his 4 wheeler,great guy.didnt fish sun.morn when i left deseronto @7am it was almost a whiteout.not fishin in that enviroment by myself so i came back home.iim assumin that snowfall is responsible for the very limited parkin for ice fishin.northpoint launch wasnt even plowed out,same with deseronto launch.mabey somebody with a little pull could ask the local dpw to make sure the lots are open for icefisherman.you would think the local chamber's of commerce would make sure it was done.enough rantin be back in 2 weeks;and so long 4 now;john

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:18 pm 
Perch

Was anyone catching any walleyes around Thompsons? I'm heading up for a week or so staying on Hay Bay. We will likely fish Hay Bay, Thompsons, Shermans, or the Reach depending on reports. We have ATV's - any ice travel issues? I heard that there was a lot of snow? Thank you in advance for all of your help.

banner ad
 Post subject: what i know
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:33 pm 
Walleye

most of the action was in big bay area.the bait shop owner at the dew said they are gettin a few in hay bay.as long as there is no current a atv should be fine,but where there is current,dont trust the ice!!there was no snow on the ice yesterday it all meted down,but it was snowin good when i left this mornin.hope this helps.and so long 4 now;john

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:14 pm 
Walleye Fry

fished haybay saterday there is hardly any snow lift and the fishing was okay we went 2 for 7 had a rookie with me and she lost a few at the hole but it was fun

banner ad