Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:52 pm 
Walleye

We have had some great cold nights lately and the ice has finally frozen rock solid in a lot of area’s. Big bay has the best ice as well as the best fish all week. The current areas are still not as safe as some may think. I know I seem like a scardy cat to some of you but I will not tell any-one that current areas are good to go until I personally have gone to them to check them out. A couple of real good cold nights should do the trick. I went over the Trent River last night on my way home and I still see way to much open water for my liking and with the cold nights we have had the current must be moving quite fast to keep some of it open like it is. I (the chicken that I am) will be out for sure this week more than I have and feel very safe on big bay , Peates point, Point Anne west and at trident point.
All current areas still need a little caution just to be sure.
A few good areas on big bay have produced some real good fish this week and we did find that you had to move a bit every day to find them again. We had to move only 50 to 100 yds but we did find them. A little work will go a long way. Another thing we have noticed is the bite for a few days now has been at around 10 am. We were getting a small flurry first thing in the morning but later we had a way better bite around 10 to 11 am. The evening bite has been the best as of late in these areas but what I seen when I was out the eve bite was not that much better in the area we fished.
Have fun be safe and take back everything you took with you…..Ron

banner ad