Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:51 am 
Walleye Master

it sounds like a catch, measure/photo, release tourney.

which would make the 1 per person over 24.8" not applicable.

Post subject: Tournament
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:16 am 
Walleye

Hi all.

Steve. There was supposed to be a Tournament in Lac Du Bonnet, MB last year. I believe it was fifty boat, two man team. There was to be a volunteer on each boat that would weigh the fish and record it.
I will call MB and get further details.

You are correct in that it is a long haul to the feeding grounds, oh well. I have myself run 45 miles and when I used to watch Bassmasters I couldn't believe how far they would go. Also there are many oportunities
all over the Bay not just out past the Ferry.

polliwog. I think I understand what you are saying. I don't think it poses a problem. Each team can weigh in two big fish each day and then 3 or four "under fish" each day and we still stay within the regulations. This also brings balance. It would make the run past the Ferry something that isn't a "must' to win and I think bring strategy to those participating.

Dan. I have seen one ramp, 150 boat Tournaments work. This is where volunteers come into play. However the parking situation becomes the issue in Picton.

Martycoo. It seems you are well on your way. I should never assume anything but it sounds like you have formed a committee.

My partner and I will spend the 3,000.00.

Cheers Clark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:41 am 
Walleye Master

Thanks to all again for your input and interest. The time frame for this event will be planned for near the end of November, we discussed a 2 day weekend event to make thing's more even for people who couldn't compete during the week. We also think a team event is the way to go 2-3 people per team. We are looking at an entry fee of between $250-$300. And instead of one big fish we decided to say a 3 fish weekend total but that doesn't mean you can't cull. The ball is rolling I will need to get some committment in the near future. And yes this will be a Bountyfishing.com event. I will have more direct info in a few weeks. Ty for your support I know alot of hurdles need to be looked at and I will do my best to make this happen and to keep it fair for all!
Thanks, Mike Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:31 am 
Walleye Angler

martycoo wrote:
Thanks to all again for your input and interest. The time frame for this event will be planned for near the end of November, we discussed a 2 day weekend event to make thing's more even for people who couldn't compete during the week. We also think a team event is the way to go 2-3 people per team. We are looking at an entry fee of between $250-$300. And instead of one big fish we decided to say a 3 fish weekend total but that doesn't mean you can't cull. The ball is rolling I will need to get some committment in the near future. And yes this will be a Bountyfishing.com event. I will have more direct info in a few weeks. Ty for your support I know alot of hurdles need to be looked at and I will do my best to make this happen and to keep it fair for all!
Thanks, Mike Martin

Great News Mike...
Seems like you got the ball rolling and it sounds like you are going the derby route with only 3 fish for a weekend of fishing. This allows any team to catch into a few big fish to take the prize and this should get lots of teams signed up. My only concern is the end of November can be nasty with the roads and towing, this could cause an issue with people not showing up. You may want to consider having people register and pay at least a month in advance so weather does not come into play.

Looking forward to more details and if you need any help just let me know.

-sheldon

-sheldon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:53 am 
Walleye Angler

Walleys only crew. Mux,Snarfy, deprop, Mac all in! Is this going to our G2G in the fall or will this be the reason for my divorce.
Snarfy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:13 pm 
Walleye

Hi Mike. Good idea, and it's a surprise someone hasn't come up with the idea long before this. I am interested for sure. :lol:

Post subject: FALL FISHING
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:35 am 
Walleye Catcher

Landshark and I would be interested. :lol:

banner ad