Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:11 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Fishyman, I have to stand up for a fellow guide on the BOQ as I too have been out for over 25 days this season and have had good fishing with all my charters. We as guides service our paying customers first then offer help and suggestions to friends. We put in very long days and still fish on days when no charters are booked to keep on the fish. I can probably speak for all guides in saying when we get home and go over our gear, deal with phone calls, answer messages and try and find time to interact with our family and pack up for the charter in the morning, posting pics are the furthest thing from our agenda. I think Jeff has been pretty fair in posting a pic for everyone to see and its up to him if he wants to post any others. Thanks for posting the pic.. nice eye. Jason ( www.woodnwater.ca)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:02 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

A very cordial reply Jeff, good on you.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:36 pm 
Walleye Angler

28 days in january is a feat in itself, 16 pound walleyes don't come every day I put a 16.3pounder on the ice two years ago next week and wow what a rush!!! I bet I will never top that in mý lifetime

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:38 pm 
Minnow

The Quinte team all work full time jobs and ice fish 28 days in a month, and you are questioning his ability because he is not sitting on his A** in front of the computer uploading pictures and videos for arm chair fisherman?

Sorry bud, I think you are off base here. Jeff, Paul and Ryan pound the hardwater like I dream about, and outfish me everytime I go with them, so saying they don't produce fish is out there in my opinion. I guarantee Jeff can fill your inbox with pics if that's what it takes... :?: :?:

Fishyman wrote:
Interesting, he has not posted much THIS year, and the last post had some people from the US catching only Perch.

Show us differently. BTW - For 28 trips, I'm sure you have TONS of pics?

Waiting...........

Brian.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:55 pm 
Jumbo Perch

whuettlin wrote:
The Quinte team all work full time jobs and ice fish 28 days in a month, and you are questioning his ability because he is not sitting on his A** in front of the computer uploading pictures and videos for arm chair fisherman?

Sorry bud, I think you are off base here. Jeff, Paul and Ryan pound the hardwater like I dream about, and outfish me everytime I go with them, so saying they don't produce fish is out there in my opinion. I guarantee Jeff can fill your inbox with pics if that's what it takes... :?: :?:

Fishyman wrote:
Interesting, he has not posted much THIS year, and the last post had some people from the US catching only Perch.

Show us differently. BTW - For 28 trips, I'm sure you have TONS of pics?

Waiting...........

Brian.

I am going out with Jeff this Thursday and I hope he puts us on fish to fill my tobogan instead of my inbox, lol :D

I haven't met Jeff yet but he and his crew sound like decent guys, don't slam the guys till you have been with him....

I know Jeff is busy with his work and keeping up with the guiding business, however I will gladly post some pictures of our catch (if applicable) from this Thursday.

It's called "fishing" not "catching".

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:13 am 
Walleye Angler

I guess Some guys can't take the fact that someone else is doing better than them, if you put the time in like these guys are obviously doing by fishing 28 days of the month
U will get on the fish and once you find them the rest is figuring out what they want it is just like guiding for hunting you have to do your scouting ahead of time or your hunting blind do you think these guys are gonna make posts titled "the fish are on
Big time and p.s. Here are the GPS coordnates" no I don't think so they are not gonna screw themselves out of a spot so the morons that only scout on the internet can show up and pound the spot same goes for posting pics let's show everyone what we are catching..not! They don't have the time I am sure we will see some pics soon enough

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:26 am 
Walleye Master

vex, that is a fish and a half.

only ever seen two (both mounted) in my life. got any pics, pre-mounted, or after?

either way. that is a huge feat in itself.... 8O

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:20 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I haven't caught a 16lb myself yet, but I have few friends who have. It is my goal, but it could take a lifetime, or it could be tomorrow. So I better fish tomorrow to find out.

Vexslayer... sweet fish!

Jeff

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:15 am 
Walleye Angler

It is a the taxidermists now
I have pics I will put one up when I get home

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:27 am 
Jumbo Perch

Hello Jeff,

Very nice fish, I must say. It's a shame that some people are the way they are. I, for one, appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to post ANY pictures and videos that you do, as it gives me more of an incentive to get back down to the BOQ. It is big water (ice) to cover, and you seem to do it well. Some absolute monsters.

You guys spend a lot of time out there, you put in the time and effort, and are rewarded for it. My hat (toque) goes off to you. Keep up the good work. I know this Quinte Amateur sure enjoys seeing your posts.

I do not know you, but kudos to you for keeping your reply polite and not being goaded into a war of words. A gentleman fisherman.

OVFisherman

banner ad
banner ad