Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:40 pm 
Baitfish

Maybe its the same story everywhere??? Tried a few places with very little or no luck !!!!! I used to know how to catch them !!!! Some guy told me that everybody that has been fishing in front of the park was catching 2-3 eyes each evening between 3-6 ????? NOT TRUE made us feel good though we were REVED up and ready to jig!!!!!! after 3 hours and 10 minutes of jigging both hard and soft changed lures at least a dozen times :roll: using two rods one in each hand :D I landed a 6 inch perch on a silver sidewinder---- with 2 minnow trick ?????? coming of the ice I did a little inquiring and a group of 4 from brockville had not caught a fish in a day and a half!!!! 2 other groups of 2 were also skunked !!!! nobody was living up to the info I recieved to catch 2-3 eyes ......... I went down the road on my way home and stopped to ask some fisherpeople how they did fishing nearer the bridge where also I was told the fishin has been good. 1 guy told me there was 11 in his group and one guy had 1 tinney eye , then the next guy was shut out and was glad to hear he wasn't the only guy not catchin fish !!!!!!!!! Anybody know what is up with that no fish or are they not eating !!!????? anyways not going to listen to the guy who gave me false hope ...................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:22 am 
Walleye Master

.. How many times in your life have you heared that old saying, man you should have been here yesterday?? ....... even more importiantly. the guy who said I was here yesterday. hardly a sole around, and I had my limit in 1 hour........... if it was always that easy I guess they would say im going to get some fish, or im going fish getting, not im going fishing.
Let me ask you. Saturday. how many men did you see? how many ATV's, how many snow machines? , did the air fill with the constant hummm of power augers constantly drilling holes thru the ice?
I do believe the BOQ is some 75 odd Klms long. thats alot of water my friend. but none the less you see huge crowds in certin areas that offer a short walk, and easy accesss, even then they bring the toys to make it even easier.... the machine to ride, the sonar, to show the fish, all a definate advantage, but the same advantage can also become a disadvantage at times.
Have you ever noticed that a fish hut on the water attracts fishermen like garbage attracks flies?? There is a hut, he must be on the fish, ill go there and drill my hole...... hey i have a power auger. ill just drill 15 holes. and use my ATV to taxie all my friends, and save them a walk...... 1 hour later you cry out there is no fish here....... I read there was fish being cought here by the dozens .
Read every post you can here, and make your assumptions, but read them not just skim thru them....... its been a slow bite for weeks now. in fact most the season, so a guy posts he catches a few fish, and to some that means the bite is on, some guys just love to fish, they put in there time, and they catch a few........ I know a very skilled fisherman from this board who has put in many hours fishing, and he cought his first walleye yesterday. WTG Mike :D I hope you cought more after I left.
the point i guess id try to make is you can lead a horse to water, but no way its gonna saddle its self. anyone can catch fish when the bite is on, but ive never caught a fish with a wrist watch so they are on a set dinner time. ever stop to think that men get off work beat feet to the ice for the last hour. this putting more men on the ice durring a curtin time period, humm. lets say I know, between 3;30 and dark......... lol ... go out. put in some time, enjoy the elements. take in the beauty of it all, and if you catch a fish, GREAT, if not look at the positive side of it.
Next time you stand at waters edge. stop. look. look hard. and instead of walking streight out to the masses of fish huts,,,,,,, get away from them. find water thats undisturbed. and catch a fish or two...... I might add. not bringing a radio. and being quiet helps alot.
I have to admit I too have fallen victom , for the fisrst time in my life i own a hut, and a heater....... im beginning to think they are a disadvantage, other than comfort, im 50 my old bones sure do enjoy the warmth. but that warmth makes it harder to pick up and move 100 yards when the hole your sitting on is less than productive.
Yesterday. now i dont want to sound like im complaining. but yesterday I walked out 1.5 klms. (maybe trudged out would be a better way of putting it). drilled 2 holes, set up my shanty, and setteled in for a day of fishing,,,,,,,, 10 minutes go by and a groupe of fishermen rolled in like a school and drilled and set up 2 huts with 5 guys fishing outside. 15 yards directly down streem of me. whats odd is im sure they never even realized what a crappy thing that was to do but oh well. is what it is. 10 yards left or right would have been fine. but i felt cut off ........ the hut became my disadvantage because now its no longer as easy as walking away 100 yards and reset my gear.. and in fairness to them i just came to realize i had a bad hole anyways cause i saw people catch fish all around me. i came home skunked. thank god that dosnt happen much.
Ever wonder why the guys who do well never post where they are catching fish Hodgy , Jeff C, Hardwater walleye to name just a few..... im pretty sure I know why lol .... better yet ask yourself why you seldom see them out there on the ice. id bet the farm its because they never never never head streight to the masses of fishermen...... yayaya, deseronto has fish......... i also think the count is now up to 3 ATV's who have crashed thru the ice there as well. thouse would be the ones who also heard they were catching fish at deseronto. and just because someone says the ice is safe. that sure dont mean its safe enough to ride out 100 yards from the parking lot on an ATV .. a little common sence can go a long long long ways....... grizz

PS............. Jeff C. damm nice fish buddy....... Hodgy. ill give you 1500 yankey dollars for one of them fireeye minows.. and Hardwater walleye......... where and the hell have you gotten off too? . lol

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:04 am 
Walleye Angler

Was out yesterday at Deseronto in the afternoon and landed 1 - 5 lber. fished Huff's in the am and caught 1 around 4 lbs. Was like Griz said away from the crowd. The ice at Deseronto was 3-6". Did see a couple of ATV's and Skidoo's out there. Definatly have to watch where you step. You would think that after three avt's going through people would at least think twice or use caution but that doesn't seem to be the case. Skidoo's and wheelers were driving all over ( at least until they got stuck)

Going to try it this PM again.

Good luck to all and be safe

Chris

banner ad
banner ad