banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jan 31st Belleville area
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:07 am 
Walleye Master

Wow it only took till the Last Day of January to get 1!!!!HAHA! It was a fridgid morning snow everywhere!!!! My bros and I meet up with Grizzly at around 8 and we were in the masses didnt go off the side well I did a bit and Grizzly got surronded, see what happens when you put your face up on here, people chase you, just joking buddy ahaha! I got hit at 9-930 am time frame on a smaller silver 3/4 oz spoon tipped with 2 minnows, didnt even feel the hit but when I jigged I set hard enough to hook em..... good to know my pole can barely handle a 5-6lber let alone a hog so it gotta go! I chucked it and hand lined the fish. Few Quick pics and back she went!Had no more taps my bros got a thump at around noon but missed it and saw a few others getting 3-5 lbers. Good to meet some more members from the board as well! I will put pics up in a bit just on a different computer.
Mike :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:32 pm 
Walleye Master

next time we go your bringing that camera. I swear i was fishing right behind a stone wall. lol. nice fish buddy ..Grizz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:57 pm 
Walleye Master

At least you caught some mussels but I snagged the king load!!!! That was a first diffently! on some kind of rock or shoal or something! Only reason I bring that cam!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:13 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Nice fish Mike, does that mean the monkey is off your back?

Cheers, Hodgey...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:29 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Nice one Mike. Did you bump me yet?

Ryan caught and released a 30.5" today. Pics coming when we get off the ice...

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:54 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

We fished the same area as Martycoo and for our efforts we iced 2 walleye and lost one, a 3lber and about a 6lber. Alot slower than I anticipated, but that is fishin` :D Good to get out.
Nice meetin ya Mike. Always good to meet board contributers and shoot the breeze, good luck on any future outings.

ps. I should of brought the atv, walking sucks :wink:

teppy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:21 am 
Walleye Master

Hye Teppy, Great meeting you 2 but I remember talking to you guys back in the fall 2.... I think.
Jeff Congrats on 3rd no bumpin you this time! Hodgey the monkey is off my back and I'm out for vengenance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 am 
Jumbo Perch

Hello Mike,

Nice fish to break the ice with you. Just goes to show that persistence pays off. I only wish I could spend more time than I do on the BOQ, as it is a 4 hour drive to get there for me, but I will keep coming as time allows in search of my first Quinte Walleye. Let's hope that one is the one to open the floodgates for you. I know many people who would have given up long before. It's probably one reason why I don't fish with them anymore, among other things, like being too noisy, etc.

Good luck to you on the ice.

OVFisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:06 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

OVF...where do you travel from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:32 am 
Walleye Master

Jeff your fish looked bigger then 26"..... what happened mine shrunk 2! O well! Good to see another Quinte guy putting fish on the board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:49 am 
Walleye Master

you have to admit one thing mike, im willing to bet you a tims coffee that there isnt many guys who can boast hauling out a 2 pound string of zebra mussles lol , that might make a good thread here, wondering what is the oddest things people have hauled up out of an ice hole lol ...reminds me of a time i was casting off the docks at Mcfarlan this late fall and snagged onto something............ it was heavy and came in very very slow. I got it to shore and it was a cloth bag that was all tied up. god i wasnt sure if i even wanted to look but courosity got the better of me thinking god only knows what could be in there so I pulled out my knife and cut the bag open. low and behold it was a cat im thinking someone gave it a watery grave . im just glad it wasnt someones head lol........ grizz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 am 
Walleye Master

*** Grizz that's crazy.... is that how you catch them channel cats???? Just jokin that's a bloody shame! I have caught a couple bags trolling.... had one outting 2years ago where one guy caught a walleye and the bag was in its mouff..... or maybe the lure caught it and it hit it?????? you never know whats down there..... that little hole in our huts is like a gravity pull whatever I seem to drop gets sucked into that black hole!!!
Mike ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:17 am 
Walleye

My weirdest thing wasn't caught through the ice but I managed to catch a pair of green men's underwear. Guess he was through with using them. HAHA