Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:18 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would make out a report on my most recent outing on the BOQ. It was a pretty good day, no 'eyes, but still a fine day to be ice fishing. Did manage to land a Pike and 4 Perch, and missed out on a few pretty good hits, just couldn't always manage to get a good hookset.

Fished from sun up to about 5:15 pm, and the bites were pretty steady from about 9:45 to 3:30, but as I was saying, seemed liked they were just sucking on the minnow and couldn't get a good hookset. All the fish were caught on a set line, with a couple of little hits on the Sidewinder I was jigging with. Tried a few others (Mr. Champ, silver/chart., Swedish Pimples (silver/green/orange, and a black one I picked up most recently), Hawger Spoons (orange, blue, and chart.), but the Sidewinder was the only one that seemed to get any attention.

I would like to send out a special thanks to Grizzly (Quintefishing Guru) for taking the time to offer up a new spot to someone unfamiliar with the BOQ, as he went over and above (in my opinion) to help out this Quinte Amateur. He not only took the time to point out a few spots to me, but also a few of his techniques and fishing knowledge of the area. Good Karma to you Grizz. Much appreciated.

Anyways, here are a couple of pictures from the day, sorry about the Quinte Catch photo, but it snowed pretty good in the afternoon and I'm quite sure everyone knows what Perch look like.

OVF

OVFisherman

Post subject: Good Show
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:55 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

OVF

Good show for your daylong efforts. The fish sure are tough.

Glad your Quinte trip was fruitful.

Cheers

David aka Superdad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:29 pm 
Walleye Master

Quinte guru. lol........ your much too kind buddy......... what can I say really...... im happy to have helped you out, but i think you give me much too much credit putting a couple of x's on a map is easy, you did the hard part. trudge thru snow, drill holes sit out all day and catch a few fish on a day where the bite is less than it usually is. my hat is off to you as well .
Nice pike. looks like you got a feed , but whats most importiant is you had a good time, and im happy if anything ive said or done helped you out. to me thats what its all about. meeting new friends, and sharing knowlage in a thing we all love to do.
I have put a hard 8 years on the quinte ice and am still learning all the time. I owe alot to this very board sifting thru the many posts over the years has helped me, so i often find helping others is a way to give back. there is many great fishermen who who paste volumes of knowlage on this board and I for one would like to thank them all.......... ok 27 days left guys, better get=R=Done................... grizz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:23 pm 
Walleye Fry

Nice fish OV.

Well said Grizzly.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:01 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Nice P&P (Pike & Perch)

Looks like that Pike ate one of those Perch before coming up the hole.

Cheers, Hodgey...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:05 am 
Jumbo Perch

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Grizz, I thought you might get a kick out of the "Guru" title. But you're right, there are many Quinte Gurus on this board who are willing to share their knowledge, so yes, a big thank you goes out to all of you. I may not always comment on them, as I am pretty new to the forum, and don't want to seem like I am posting just for the sake of posting. I have learned a lot of info from here and continue to do so, so every trip to the BOQ is a new learning experience.

Can't wait till my next trip down.

OVFisherman

banner ad