Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lost (help please)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:09 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Man did I do it and it was done good, Either coming off the ice on Sunday evening only 6-700 yards out or right at the George Street ramp someone should have found a Plano Tackle Box/Bag. In it is various Hopkins Smoothies some with stingers, 10 -12 swedish pimples, deadly dicks, Champs amd much more. 6 tackle cases in the bag, 4 small one says Vexilar and 2 larger ones. If you have it and hoping someone will claim it there are other items I will describe to you.

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Ouch... I feel for you there man. Hopefully someone finds it that will get it back to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:51 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Yep me to Jeff, I just dropped 250 tonight and did not even come close to the real contents. Walked out tonight followed my own tracks to the same holes and back the same way I came into shore and nothing there. I figure it fell out in the now froozen slush wet hole on the way back, hole scoop missing as well, older steel one with red tape on the handle. Would like to get the stuff back, some of the lures have been fished for over 50 years, handed to me by an uncle when we fished up at Healey Lake. They were hand me downs, I refinished and polihed them up yearly.

Let's see what happens $100.00 reward to the finder.
Thanks in advance
Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:55 pm 
Walleye Angler

I feel your pain but I would be surprized if you get anything back, I hope I am wrong.............good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:10 am 
Walleye

Hope you get your stuff back!! There are a lot of good people out there! I've had my wallet returned twice with all it's contents still in it. (including the exact amouts of money) Once from a Canadian Tire parking lot, and the other time it fell out of my back pack on a streetcar. Both in Toronto!

If whoever found it frequents this board you have a very good chance of seeing it again. That also gives me an idea. I think I'll label all my stuff with an address and phone number!

Stay positive!

Glenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:01 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Yes there are good people here and I will not give up hope on finding it. The thing that ticks me off is that I had no business carrying that much stuff out there with me especially the lures from my uncle. The lures get polished once or twice a year and I just look, think and put them back in the box. Uncle Bill whom has been deceased for 36-37 years has been with me on a lot of ice fishing trips just is the past few years. Dumb-ass I am and now a stupid dumb -ass, need to leave this alone for now I am getting more pissed with myself as I type.

Gary aka dumb-frigging- ass
:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:31 am 
Walleye Master

Hey Gary..... I know the feeling buddy it sucks bad.... I lost a whole box as well last year and alot were lures my grandfather had gave to me, which can never be replaced.... if its any help to you I have a couple smooties for you just drop me a line and I will try to get them to you..... I had one of our member's Greg Amiel do a very nice deed by buying me some tackle and Sam @ Carra's hooked me up with a box and few lures. Both great guys !!! I hope you find it but like I said I got some tackle to get you back on your way to a collection. Hope you get it back !
Regards, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:32 am 
Walleye Master

Nice gesture Mike, I know your not made of money but that just goes to show you what comes around, goes around.. and im sorry to hear about BOTH your losses.. Grizz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:37 am 
Walleye Fry

Soory for your loss Fry Flier. I sure hope it turns up. I know nothing can replace the sentimental value but if it will help get you back out fishing I have a new Plano soft bag with boxes for you. PM me and we can try and hook up.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:55 am 
Walleye Wisdom

martycoo wrote:
Hey Gary..... I know the feeling buddy it sucks bad.... I lost a whole box as well last year and alot were lures my grandfather had gave to me, which can never be replaced.... if its any help to you I have a couple smooties for you just drop me a line and I will try to get them to you..... I had one of our member's Greg Amiel do a very nice deed by buying me some tackle and Sam @ Carra's hooked me up with a box and few lures. Both great guys !!! I hope you find it but like I said I got some tackle to get you back on your way to a collection. Hope you get it back !
Regards, Mike

Thank you Mike I appreciate the gesture and thanks for being a standup guy that is what makes this a great board. I have already picked up some tackle seeing how I am involved in a group fish this weekend so I needed to restock with some not the same but I will not let the walleye know. Like you I am more interested in what cannot be replaced, the chunks of metal I hardly fish and the memories of my uncle who was the most positive influence on my life.

banner ad