Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:24 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Got out for the evening fish from 3:30 - 5:45 today. Caught 2 perch & had lots of bites from the same devils. Only a handful of other people out. Talked to 1 person coming off the ice & he got the same as me. Noticed some guys in a portable throw something out the door that could have been something decent. Kinda far away so couldn't see for sure but they took it home with them. The ice was pretty much snow bare & fairly slippery to walk on. Lots of frozen over ruts from ATV's & things. From close to the middle there appeared to some snow cover that looked to run all the way to the south shore. While walking on the ice little spiderweb cracks were snapping under my feet & spreading out ahead of me. As far as the hole I spudded out it was a bit different. There was about 2 " of soft ice, 4 " of slush, & maybe 10 " of ice to go through. I thought the bottom 10 " of ice seemed really soft as my spud went through it really easy. Anyways, that's my report. Hope this upcoming rain & warm weather doesn't ruin the ice. Almost forgot. Got minnows at Dew Drop & she said they're having a really hard time getting some from their suppliers. The ones she had were very small but she made that up by giving a generous amount of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:27 am 
Walleye Angler

Good report Ziffel, we were out @Huffs last night, 5 of us with 1 small eye, lost another small one half way up, very slow, the same spider cracks while walking out ( scary eh) about 8" at Huffs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:31 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Hey Lynn. Yup, those spider cracks made my "spider senses" tingle for sure. Couldn't get over how soft the bottom 10 " of ice was. Spud went through it like butter. Like the ice is getting mushy. I'm a bit concerned about the supposed minnow supply problem. We don't need that for the last couple of weeks fishing. Anyways, I sure hope it turns cold again shortly or it's gonna get risky in some spots to get out on the ice. Good fishin, Al

banner ad