Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:27 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Talk about sketchy ice
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:55 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Went out from George St. today and man does the ice vary. Ice was okay but watch where you go, spudded a few spots where the ice went from 2-3 inches and move 5 feet to find 10-11 inches. Fished close to one guy(Scott) who was fishing two lines from his bucket seat had one line going down through the ice at 10 -11 inches, his other line was about 30 inches away so he could jig them both at the same time and the second line was in 5 inches of ice.

I fished close to the presure crack about 3/4 of the way to Cow Island and the ice was 10 inches drilled 10 feet over and the ice was less that 4 inches.
Drlled one hole and watched the water float up on the surface of the ice, at this point I decided to move.

Lots of perch out to play but did not see a walleye, I believe I marked one or two with the vex but that was as close as I got to them tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:27 pm 
Walleye Master

Ya there was open holes in that area on Friday..... I launched from Herchimer today walked across to Rush bar and I had a nice eye to the hole and lost it. left after 2 hours and only that one hit and moved in closer and hammered jumbo perch for a good hour or two. as it got closer to dusk I moved out between snake and mass pt and had a good hit just before dusk and one 12.5" Jumbo. The ice was much more consistent but caution is always a good thing dont blame you for steering away from that area I know a guy went through that area this time of year last year......

Mike :)

banner ad