banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BAY OF QUINTE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:20 am 
Guppy

HEY GUYS I THINK I GOT OFF ON THE WRONG FOOT WITH YOU GUYS I LIVE IN BELLEVILLE FOR 2 YEARS I FISH THE BAY OF QUINTE ALL AROUND BELLEVILLE AND HAVE NO PROBLEM OPEN WATER ITS ICE FISHING I DONT HAVE MUCH LUCK AND I FISH HARD ALL WINTER LONG AND I DONT SEE MANY COME THROUGH THE HOLE LAST YEAR AND NOW THIS YEAR FOR SO MANY YEARS I HAVE HEARD OF THE BAY OF QUINTE AND HOW GOOD THE ICE FISHING IS IHAVE NOT SEEN IT YET I JUST FOUND QUINTE FISHING BEG N BRAG DISCUSSION BOARD ALL YOU GUYS SOUND COOL AND ARE CATCHING TONS IAM JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE HELP TO BETTER MY ODDS I DONT THINK ITS MY LURE I USE MR CHAM I LOVE FISHING AND RESPECT IT TO I CATCH AND RELEASE IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME A LITTLE INFO SO I CAN HAVE ICE FISHING FEVER TO THANKS GUYS MR BIG FISH

Post subject: Re: BAY OF QUINTE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:20 am 
Walleye Angler

sounds like you could really use a guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:25 am 
Walleye Catcher

Mr.Big Fish, its certainly not the Mr. Champs fault as its probably the most popular fishing lure used on Quinte. You probably need to relocate instead of fishing the same unsuccessful area and don't be afraid to change your jigging techniques. Most days you really need to keep the jig moving aggressively but there are some where they will only take it on the lite jig. Best advice anyone can give you is buy a quality fish finder and hire a guide. For the small price of a guide it will save you huge $ and time down the road. Most importantly stay safe and have fishing. Jason

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:46 am 
Baitfish

Call G2 - I bet they can help

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 am 
Walleye

I lauged when I read your other post and was just waiting to see the resposes. I agree a guide is a good way but some of us are to proud ( stubborn ) to hire one so we must try ourselfs. I have fished the bay for 25 years and back in hey day we really didn`t get 20 fsh days byourself. We caught lots and big but I can`t remember that many on my own. Now when there was 3.4 or more we got lots,and you will find that the people that are getting 20 fish per day are out with other people and they count this as there number of fish. Fishin on your own is tough ,you are sitting in one spot were if there was 2.3.or more you can spred out and find the fish. I am sure thats the way the guides do it. When on the ice watch other guys and learn ( binocluars). It will also help getting to know other guys and maybe they will take you out with them,more the better. Do yourself one favour....when you see guys getting fish DON`T MOVE IN TO THEIR AREA THATS TABOO ON THE BAY. Just keep at it and you will get it try different areas,lures and you will get it,just don`t look for those 20 fish days on you own. I fish with my son and we have great luck this year ( I would post pic but can`t figure it out) PM me I don`t have a problem telling where and how.

Last edited by demoman on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:22 am 
Walleye

Mr big message me and I will help you out

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I would send that PM to hardwaterwalleye. That is an offer that no one should turn down!

Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:13 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I agree with Jeff 100%...Go getem Hardwaterwalleye.

Cheers, Hodgey...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:34 pm 
Walleye Master

. Hardwater. pm pm pm pm pm pm pm pm help pm pm pm pm i need help pm pm pm pm please help me pm pm pm pm pm pm please pm pm pm take me out pm pm pm pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey dude.

Sorry for my sarcastic response last night, but one thing you've got to keep in mind and I think it's already been said is the fact 20 fish days happen once in a lifetime on the ice....personally I've never seen one even in a group of guys.

If your lucky you could get 20 bites on a great day...you'll miss some hookups, lose some at the hole etc.

Icing a couple is normally a good day, but it's been said enough...hire a guide and if not keep trying new spots.

Tight lines

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm 
Guppy

THATS ALL RIGHT BUD JUST TRYING TO BETTER MY ODDS AND SEE IF ANYONE HAD ANY GOOD TIPS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:50 pm 
Walleye Master

Its always my fault! But hey I suck at ice fishing, seriously I try my ass off and I move alot!!! I normally only get 5-6 fish a winter and I put my time in and sometimes Im doing the exact samething as the guy 5-100 yards away, alot of it is luck in a sense, unless you learn from your mistakes..... I started seriously about 4 years ago and my totals keep going up by 1-2 fish per year. Sometimes I think, why the heck do I even try this...... but Ill tell you something in the summer, I have caught up to 30 walleye in a day, that's between 2 anglers. Why can I not apply my summer/fall skills to winter.... because I cant cover enough ground, sometimes in the winter you gotta be in the right place at the right time, those are the days that make it all worth while....... but one thing is forsure whether I catch 20 or 2 or get a big goose egg, Im always praying to the fishing Gods up above and be thankful that I can do what I enjoy so much!!!!!!!
Mike :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm 
Walleye Angler

Get yourself a map of the lake, study it and fish your peak times. Get out for a couple of hours at first light, if that area didn't produce, catch your evening bite in a differnt location. If you keep at it, we will be asking you for advice. Stay positive, it will come! Just don't forget to report.

I fish cuz it keeps me sane!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 pm 
Guppy

Sorry about the giggle. The above advice sounds solid. Try it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:18 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

LMAO chris i couldn't stop laughing at the other thread..i thought it was best if I didn't even reply like many others before it got outta hand :lol: ..have a great trip down south!..see ya soon.

Mr.big fish..mr.champs are awesome lures..i would follow jason's advice and denomans.

Mike, fishing would be perfect if we could all have the days we have on softwater on hardwater! i hear ya!

as for those 20+ fish days on the ice, i've had MANY...but then i usually end up waking up :( :lol:

Aadil :mrgreen:

banner ad