Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:37 am 
Jumbo Perch

Good morning all, the week I have been waiting for all winter long has finally arrived....

Coming down Thursday-Friday.

Looking mainly for ice conditions @ the end of Massassauga Point Rd and @ Huff's.

Probably start @ Mass Point thursday and then if required will go to Huff's on Friday if required.

Any comments on ice conditions and how the fishing has been is greatly appreciated.

We are also considering Pt Anne, however we have never been, is there a spot to park there without getting a ticket?

Thanks for all the comments.

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:21 am 
Walleye Master

I gotta tell you buddy as far as I am consurned there is 3 very dangerous spots west of the narrows at north port and you just named 2 of the three. the third being the mouth of the trent all three are high current areas thats why they are so productive when we are in the depths of winter and its been cold for a month, thats not the case now,,,,,, and this is probably the reason why you havent recieved any info back from your post there is only one place i would feel safe sugesting this time of year to anyone and thats Big Bay. the fish are there, the ice is safe everyplace except around the pressure cracks and since your going to be around before the weekend crowd you have a better than average chance at catching fish. with the weekend comes the weekend worriers who seem more content on riding all over the bay on there machiens than staying put and waiting for the fish to roll into them this makes the fishing turn from good to great friday evening thru sunday unless you have a flasher you might not think there is any fish down there at all id be willing to bet you that on saturday there was over 200 machines out there good luck, be safe. hope you end the season on a happy note. Grizz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:48 am 
Jumbo Perch

Grizz, PM sent

cheers

herefishyfishy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:58 am 
Minnow

Grizzly wrote:
I gotta tell you buddy as far as I am consurned there is 3 very dangerous spots west of the narrows at north port and you just named 2 of the three. the third being the mouth of the trent all three are high current areas thats why they are so productive when we are in the depths of winter and its been cold for a month, thats not the case now,,,,,, and this is probably the reason why you havent recieved any info back from your post there is only one place i would feel safe sugesting this time of year to anyone and thats Big Bay. the fish are there, the ice is safe everyplace except around the pressure cracks and since your going to be around before the weekend crowd you have a better than average chance at catching fish. with the weekend comes the weekend worriers who seem more content on riding all over the bay on there machiens than staying put and waiting for the fish to roll into them this makes the fishing turn from good to great friday evening thru sunday unless you have a flasher you might not think there is any fish down there at all id be willing to bet you that on saturday there was over 200 machines out there good luck, be safe. hope you end the season on a happy note. Grizz

We were in the Danger area and saw 1 machine and maybe 10 fisherman.... The thin ice would of done it I assume :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 am 
Walleye Master

yep buddy and to me it sounds like you dodged the bullet as well ...... sounds like you broke a few rules to me...... and got very lucky.