Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:29 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: wellington report
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:07 pm 
Walleye Master

Fished the big lake today....... beautiful day wind was comming from the right direction today so the lake was relitivly flat . and calm.......... I see they are still dredging the channel and looks like its going to be awhile before they finish. must be pretty slow going should be intresting to see how far they will go........ now for the fishing........ I ran east up along the sand banks and back I lost one fish off the back of the boat and that was the only taker for my 4 hours of trolling......... the warmest water i could find was 41.2 degrees and that was in 3 foot of water right up against shore most places it seemed to be right around 39.2 a nice warm rain or a few warm sunny days and things should heat up im here for a week so i sure hope it happens soon........ I might have to get after the pike and crappies for now until the water warms . Grizz

Post subject: Re: wellington report
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:53 am 
Walleye Angler

On the US side I had to do some looking for water the right color and temperature but when I found it the fish were there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:06 pm 
Walleye Master

Too windy for the big lake today........ weather says 4klm winds comming down from the northeast......... never trust the weatherman lol try 20 klm winds comming from the southwest lol needless to say I NEED A BIGGER BOAT ....... so to make the best of it i went to look for crappies. still the wrong wind wanted to push my boat right to shore not much fun so plan A shot, plan B shot Plan C. whats that they say 3 times a charm. well I desided to troll westlake for pike ran a big Rapala Fast Track 75 feet behind the planer board and had a pike every 150 yards on my first troll. went back set again and again a pike every 150 yard. went back three times a charm and again 1 pike every 150 yards so 9 pike later i desided that was good enough and i wanna tell you it was cold. I mean we can sit on the ice 6 hours in -10 and not bat an eye. take the ice off that water and 4 hours is plenty enough pain for one day lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:09 pm 
Walleye

I was out today for 4 hr ...yes it was cold and choppy...I lost 3 ....try and control the boat reel in the fish and net them by yourself is tough on a good chop.Water temp was only 37 f still to eary but a good day...not as good as pike fishin,,,I should have done that...good job Grizz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

I'm headed for Mexico Bay in the morning. They're calling for 10-15mph from SE so it shouldn't be to bad. Hope the wind doesn't change the water temperature to much from what it was earlier this week.
Sounds like a great day with the pike.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:40 am 
Minnow

Seen you out on Westlake Sat trolling on our way thru to the launch Grizzly. Your right southwest winds at about 20km 8O . Trolled the hole area with no luck at all. Called it a day around 3pm. Maybe next time down we will go for pike!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:10 am 
Walleye Master

better hurry freak. season closes soon lol looks like today might be a good one im heading out soon hope ill have a report later but for now the lake is flat and the wind is light and faverable . and my fishing partner for the day cant make it till 11 lol. isnt that always the way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:54 pm 
Walleye Master

Made it out today....... had to wait around for Catcher. so I did a quick troll on westlake to kill a little time cought one small pike then it was back to the docks to wait a bit longer. weather was odd to say the least. fog misty rain wind no wind wind again, made our way out to the big lake, got set up and started a troll and within 5 minutes FISH ON......... poor Catcher hadent even gotten a rod out yet so whats a good captin do?? I hand him my pole and say here ya go bud. knock yerself out...... the battle is on the fish is jumping all goes well until the fish sees the back of the boat a good head shake and poof it was gone lol ........ trolled 3 more hours and had one other bump and that was it...... desided to go inside and troll up some pike and even they were tough today picked up two small head shakers, had a couple bumps and the day was done, 6 hours trolling with a pretty cool guy. didnt seem to matter much that we didnt fill the boat with fish because we hunted deer and turkey and bear and talked fish and the time was over before we knew it....... Maybe next time Catcher lol thanks for the fun. Grizz . PS. Shark, they liked the J-11 *WINK*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:54 pm 
Walleye Master

The picture pretty well tells the story lol . cold cold cold. fished this morning Bit breezy and cold and so was the water. instead of getting warmer it seems to be going the other way....... I surched a good 4 miles of shoreline and warmest water I could find was 38.2 thats actually colder than yesterday . lost another one . seems each time out I get at least one brown on but im having trouble closing the deal lol .
Report from the dredging crew is they will be done tomarrow . maybe the county will put the dock in on the beach side soon but who knows when that will
be. im hoping sometime in the future ill have a pic of a brown to post but for now you get what you get lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:21 pm 
Walleye

How is the depth since there almost done? was up to the camp a couple weeks ago water seemed unusually low for this time of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:22 pm 
Walleye Master

You caught a cold???? HAHA. Your making me jealous with all these reports, Im going to try to get out tomorrow morning before Pike season closes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:56 pm 
Walleye Master

well Mike you know how to get to wellington and if you keep going streight you will hit the water and Just miss my boat by about 50 yards cause its parked right there and ready to go in the morning and yep last kick at the can for pike so you know what ill be doing in the morning *WINK*
And for Trav......... basically they cut a channle down thru the channle. so right now its in the fix feet deep range. and the water is low so that will put it in the 8 foot range when the water comes up (If it Comes up) but its pretty foolish cause the channle they cut is probably only 8 feet wide so my guess is it will only fill back in over the summer but I guess they must feel anything is better than nothing so it is what it is. if your gonna run out from westlake you best stick close to shore closer to the docks by the cottages before you hit the bait shop because the water is very low close to the flats on the left where they havent done any dredging at all

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:09 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

did they ever make a mess down there... the whole beach an everything is changed... terrible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 pm 
Walleye Master

yep mat I have no idea what they plan to do there now yesterday they had a big excivator down there building mounds of sand. i dont know if they plan to take it away or if they are just going to push it around into a dune, or a beach........ should be intresting to see what transpires the last time they dredged they made them take all the sand away that had to add alot to the cost of the project why the heck they arnt sending it over on the other side of the break wall is way beyond me but im sure they have some reason

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

what a mess though... youd think they could figure out a slightly less destructive method of doing it...guess not. a good southern gale will put it back to normal somewhat...

banner ad