Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:38 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:03 am 
Walleye Master

.... What a great time it was. Met up with the landshark and Pete S At port bay Ontario Tuesday morning for a planned fishing adventure and a little rest from work and it sure wasnt a let down.
weather was quite nice started a bit cool but By 9 am we were down to shirts and sun glasses trolling our little hearts out. telling stories. and laughing alot you know basically having a great time with friends on the water.
Whats that they say Hindsight is 20/20 trolling out of the port we went west and spent two hours surching for warm water. some stained water and browns and all we could find was a nice 4 pound small mouth that hit on a stick bait. not what we were after but a fish in the boat just the same so no skunk on this day.
ended up going back to the east past the port and finly found the fish it took some time but we found them and ended up 4 for 7 on browns im sure the shark would tell you if he took a crack at the fish we might have gone 7 for 7 but he never took a turn and being the good Captin he is he just kept handing the rods to pete or I with a smile and kept working changing gear and hunting fish.
All iin all it was A great time. First time I met Pete Stratton and I gotta say he is a top knotch guy and it was a real pleasure spending time with him on the boat getting to know him. As for the Shark. what can I say..... he might be slow on the Ice lol. but he knows his stuff when it comes to trout on the water in that there is no doubt. anyone looking for a good time state side trout fishing get in touch with him, you wont be sorry .
Sorry I cant get my pictures to download on my computer for some odd reason so I cant get them off my camera to post.
Thanks Shark and pete. it was a real pleasure and I sure do wish i could have stayed the night and got after them again this morning with you guys I have a feeling that what we learned on tuesday will pay off in spades today (Wensday) im thiinking its gonna be a 20 fish day for you guys .
Good luck. be safe guys. ill be northbound soon I hope. Grizz

PS.. Sheldon. I got the reels. Landshark says you can pay him this winter when he sees you out on the ice lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:33 am 
Walleye Catcher

Sounds like you had a good time. SOUNDS GOOD but no pictures to back it up. :? :? LOL. Your right Chuck they probly used you until they found them and then took you back to shore??????LOL.
Just joking. Glad you made it out.
See ya soon
Sheldon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

Glad you had a chance to fish with Landshark and Pete we fish together frequently and always have a great time.. I'm still in Tenn. but I'm anxious to get home and hit the browns, perch and crappie. I was fortunate to take a nice turkey with an 11" beard my first morning here. I'll post a picture when i get a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:35 pm 
Walleye Master

Sure mention turkeys when season is over two weeks away lol....... man nice turkey they must grow them with long legs down there lol ........ I wish walleye didnt open until like may15 or something. I just cant give up chasing wild turkeys to catch a bunch of dum fish but sure hate to miss the opening day of any season, guess ill have to go catch a pond bass after I chase a bird on May 1sy just to say I cought a fish or two or 20 lol ......... We had a great time and it sure was nice to meet pete as well I look forword to doing it again sometime. Happy hunting bud, and good luck on the eyes...... Grizz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:25 pm 
Walleye Angler

I went trout fishing today and had a blast . I caught about 30 browns and rainbows on flies in a tail-out river (the Hiwassee) here in Tenn. It was a large, clear, easily waded river, ideally suited for fly fishing . I'm going back tomorrow for round two. If you ever want to fish down my way either on the St. Lawrence, Lake Ontario or one of the many local Indian River lakes, let me know. Maybe Pete or Landshark could join us. It was great to get an early jump on the spring turkeys. I may give them one shot on Sat. morning before we head home.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:39 am 
Walleye Master

sat in my porch this morning with a cup of coffee and heared 15 different gobblers crowin from the ridge tops all around me! who can think of fishing at a time like this?