Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:15 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Drove down to Deseronto on Friday after work for my family's annual walleye trip at Mohawk Bay Trailer Park. The water level was really low, had to launch at the public dock in town.

Sat morning, the day started with calm lake and no rain, and it progressed to drizzle and walleye chop and around noon it was downpour and huge white caps!

Mother nature threw everything at my father and I, but we still manage to catch 4 fish in the morning. I got two 5lbs while my dad ended the morning with two smaller eaters. The fish were not turned off.

Went back to the trailer and napped until afternoon, went to Napanee for a tourist trip. When we got back to the trailer, the wind was pretty calm, my mom asked us, "Why dont you guys go fishing?" And thats wat we did and finished the day with the rest of our limit, and threw a couple back. The fishing was even better in the afternoon! We landed about 7 or 8 walleye, we kept the bigger ones around 2lb and culled the rest.

a few nice eaters

Sunday morning, I woke up at 5AM and it was freezing! The cold front finally hit us.
I drove to Picton to meet up with Capt.Lloyd, Walleyedreamer, Carm and Jose for a hookup on another forum posted a few days ago, while my dad continue to fish the Deseronto area.

We could tell the fish were inactive, and getting them to bite was tricky. Lloyd had some effective patterns figured out the day before, even with the major temperature drop(cold front), his pattern continue to produce for us. We ended the day with 8 fish! My dad got skunked at Deseronto, the fish were complete shut down with the techniques he was using.

Size 11 shoes, biggest fish was 7lb!

Complete package, full service!

We had a great time on the boat, it was warm and relaxing. We joked about everything and time sure flies when you are having fun! Thanks Lloyd for a great outing, I'm sure everyone learnt something new on that trip.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:50 am 
Walleye Wisdom

great post! nice eyes!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:47 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Great post....and nice fish.

I was also at MBTP for the weekend with my Father.

Were you in that beautiful white tracker? It was one of 2 that I saw go out in the afternoon...the other I heard had to be ditched on shore somewhere and they were driven back to the park. I'll leave that story with just a....WOW!!!

We didn't get out at all on Saturday and by the time the weather calmed down, I had a few pops in me so figured best to stay on shore, keep consuming and having a good time with everyone around.

We didn't get any walleye in the short time we fished and rather than be blown around, decided to fish the river for pike. We were in the Deseronto Yacht Club derby and ended up with a 1st and 3rd for the pike division so that pretty much paid for our weekend (less beer of course) with trophies to boot! :)

Cheers,

Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:31 am 
Site Admin

nice paul wtg

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 pm 
Jumbo Perch

legacy, yeah my father and I braved the elements. The white Tracker does a great job fighting through those big white caps! Congrad on your Pike tournament, there is still a lot to be learn. If you see me again at MBTP, be sure to let me know, I would love to share some tactics over a beer or two.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:28 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I watched you go down the Bay and that Tracker looked like a Million Bucks and handled those waves well.

I had the black and red nitro but you may not have seen it tucked into the trees all weekend waiting to get out.

Will do that for sure...my Dad and I stay there every year the same weekend you do so we'll hook up next year and have a few pints. :)

Cheers

banner ad