Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Who won?
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Well I sat home today and all I could think about was what a beauty day to be fishing. decent breeze for a walleye chop. Who won and weights?

Post subject: Re: Who won?
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:27 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Not 100 % sure on weights but i have a rough idea...

1. G2 team 18.47 lbs big fish 7 +
2 Steve yaro and co, 17.?? lbs
3. Scott Walcott and Co. 15.67 lbs

I'm sure I'm close but maybe someone else can post exact numbers.... please feel free to leave my weight out LOL!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/trophywalleye
Twitter: @pbandjcharters

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

Mavrick was right on our weight.

18.47 lbs with the "big fish" being 7.98 lbs.

It was a great day, we had a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

Congrats to G2 . I talked with a few guys who fished it and it was a tough bite. coming in with 18+lbs. WOW WTG!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:39 pm 
Walleye Angler

My hat's off to the G2 guys, and Steve and Scott's crew for their showing at the tourney. It wasn't an easy bite and these guys still put some beautiful fish on the board. It was a great chance to meet some of people that post here regularly. I had a fun weekend fishing with Landshark and Mr. Walleye even though the fishing was tough for us.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:22 pm 
Walleye Master

Congrats to the G2 boys for bringing in a beautiful bag of fish.

Thank you to all the organizers for a fun and very well run tourney. Good times had by all for sure. We'll be back to take a swipe at the top spot next year.

Longlegg,
Didn't realize it was you with Mr. Walleye and Landshark. Great meeting you and speaking to you at the dock. Hope to see you out there on the water.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 pm 
Walleye Master

OK 1st of all what a well run tourney. Very organized and fun. The bite, it was tough. 20 plus fish on saturday , 8 fish on sunday, nothing big. We really had to work hard on sunday. Oh and I hope my 2 planer boards are the only 2 that the white speedboat that barrelled down long reach snagged. It was great to see everyone and a big congrats to the boys from G2. Not the result we wanted but how do you argue with great weather, and fishing with good friends for a good cause. See ya in the fall boys

EATERS FROM SATURDAY

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hey guys,

This was clearly a well run tournament, hats off to Kevin and his crew for doing such a great job... It wasn't really a great Walleye type of day, but you couldn't have asked for nicer weather. We got lucky this year, the weather played rght into our pattern, but that's fishin. Hats off to Steven Yarrow, Larry Fritz, Jordan Yarrow for an amazing catch, and Scott Walcott, Casey Ruttan, Wes Bristow, man can these guys fish!!

We'll see most of you out on the water and some of you we'll see on May 30th...

Cheers, Hodgey...

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:53 am 
Walleye Catcher

Way to go guys. Nice to see you didn't let those hooks get rusty from the hardwater season. Have a great summer out there. Jason

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:56 am 
Walleye Angler

Congrats to the top teams. Man it is amazing what one day difference can do to your plan for a tournament, as luck would have it all my and Gords pre-fish days where in choppy seas and we dialed in a great big fish pattern with a 27" average. On tourney day we held out for the big bites and blew 135L of gas, as we figured on our pre-fish results 21lbs would take the tourney. By 1 pm with no fish in the livewell we decided to stay and fish out the big bites and take the gamble of getting a zero as a few small 20" fish would not take the tourney.
One thing I have gained over the year in one day tourneys is you have to swing for the fence for the win as there is no tomorrow or angler of the year award. Well it did not pay off this time, but I had a great time fishing and look forward to the next tourney.

Thanks to the organizers and Quinte Bass Masters.

Just a few walleye from the pre-fish...

-sheldon

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:16 am 
Goby

I did not know there was a proffessional walleye trail so close to the office. I just got this press release this morning from the NPAA. I am new to Belleville and I am up here working for Avaya and was wondering if any more Professional Tournaments are run on the bay? I fished tournaments in MWT and MWC in Michigan for years and would like to do a few around this area.

Quote:
National Professional Anglers Association FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 17th, 2010
G2 Angling Seals the deal in their professional debut!!!!Napanee, Ontario, Canada May 16th, 2010– As the walleye tournament season moved in to full swing on the world renowned walleye capital of the world; Bay of Quinte, NPAA members Grant McAllister #517, Gary Hodge #518 and Jamie ...Stothart #541 made a splash by sealing the deal in their professional debut at the Quinte Walleye Open! The team weighed a 3 fish limit of 18.47lbs, beating out their nearest competitors by a mere 1lb!The G2 team also managed to take the Big Fish prize with a post spawn beauty that weighed 7.89lbs! “Going in to this, we spent countless hours developing a game plan. We stuck to it and didn’t waiver! We knew the big fish were still in the recoup mode and it would be a tough bite but we “through ‘em the curve” and came out on top! Reef Runner Little Rippers in tandem with Offshore snap weights were the ticket to our success today; says McAllister. With the use of our top notch electronics from our friends at Radioworld, we knew that getting those baits down in to the strike zone was key, as our 2 big fish came from running that pattern. The kicker fish and undoubtedly, the most important fish, came off a Northland Mr. Walleye Crawler Hauler. We were running the 3 Rippers on Offshore boards when we spotted some big hooks on bottom. We brought in one of the cranks, dropped down the Hauler and bouncer and within 30 seconds; FISH ON; a 4.7lber! All of this took place with 30 minutes left in the tournament!! That’s the fish that won us our first tournament; said an elated Gay Hodge. “We’ll remember this for the rest of our lives!”Based on the Bay of Quinte in Napanee, Ontario, G2 Angling is a Premiere and Premium guide service that specifically focuses on teaching their clients the fundamentals of walleye fishing while creating memories that will last a life time... Please visit their website for more information www.g2angling.com.

fisher eye

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:22 pm 
Perch

Kevin
I was sorry I couldn't make it this event, but followed it with a lot of interest, and will be there next year.
Are you going to publish the results?

www.orwl.ca

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

write up on home page. [url]www.quintefishing.com
[/url]

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:32 am 
Perch

Thanks Dan.
Congratulations to all the winners.

www.orwl.ca

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:47 am 
Walleye Master

I am wondering what made this fishing Derby a professional event over just a small town derby ? i mean is there some guideline they go by where it is reconized as a Pro event. or would it be a Pro AM event or just a fishing derby was this like a sanctioned event? is it the sponcers that make it a pro event? Like Ranger. or repala ? I always assumed to be a pro event everyone who fished the event were professonals ??
Can anyone shed a lil light on that??

banner ad