Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Picton area?
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:37 pm 
Minnow

Hey guys,

I wonder if I could get some tips again for some trolling I'll be doing this weekend. I'm going to launch in Picton....likely McFarland Park and want to troll for some eyes.

Myself and a buddy did pretty well in the fall past the ferry in the reach using boards and 1oz fingerlings. Is that area still working for eyes or is the water closer to the point better? Any tips you could provide would be great!

Thanks in advance

Dave

Post subject: Re: Picton area?
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:28 am 
Walleye Master

I gotta tell you Dave. I always smile when I read a post like yours. then I shake my head and think if only it was that easy to answer your questions. unfortunatly it is not!
I will tell you this though........ I fished around the points on tuesday and the bait was there, the fish were there, the water was there and in 6 hours two guys we managed to get ONE fish....... does that mean we are bad fishermen? . there was hooks on the finder every place we went. huge bait balls in some places. we thru everything we had at them. changing lures every 1/2 hour trolled deep up high in the middle slow fast medium slow, medium fast every color in the rainbow still ONE FISH!
If i went back there today id change nothing, and do exactly the same things. pretty much all I can tell you with any confidance is put in your time, and MAYBE. Just MAYBE the fish gods will smile on you! good luck bud, most any smart guy will tell you they would rather be lucky than good!

banner ad