banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:27 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Well it was friday around 10 am and I get a text message from Chuck the only thing it says is "I am in the country" Oh great another weekend spent not answering the phone cause you know how he can get when he wants to go fishing.LOL. He would just keep calling untill you pick up. :o . SO I finally get the nerve to answer the phone sure enough it's him. Well long story short we decide to get out on quinte for an evening bite. I was able to get out with Jay and James in the am and caught a few perch but no walleye. Tough bite. No fish finder. Tough day. So Grizz gets to the house around 5:30 and we load up the pontoon boat and we are off. "hey Grizzly you ever fish from a pontoon boat before?"
He just shook his head and wondered what the heck I was thinking. I told him I have caught more walleye in that thing than any other boat. So we finally get to a spot and start trolling. We did not go 50 feet and BANG. first fish on. Hey Grizz get the net. No response. He is still too busy putting on a worm. OK I net the fish and the game is on. Well 5 minutes later Grizzly is still wondering how you catch fish in a pontoon boat. SO I showed him again. bang. fish on. This time he actually got the net.LOL. SO by now he is starting to see red. Searching thru the tackle box looking at everything he has. 10 minutes later. Bang Hey Grizzly get the net. MAD you have never seen a man carry on like he was.LOL. Jumping up and down yelling at the water. Glad no one else was around or they would have thought he just got out of the loney bin. 8O 8O .
Well we go 5 monutes and chuck gets one. Little perch. He looks at me and says 3 to 1. :o What your not going to count perch are you. Yes he is. OK I let go one earlier so it is 4-1. Anyway after listening to him yell for another 10 minutes I made a custom rig for him (same size, color ,weight) he puts it down and bang. Nice walleye.
Any way we ended up tossing back 10-12 perch and 3 small walleye(9-10") and came home with our limit(6) chuck has conservation lic. Shacking his head he admitted defeat and put the rod down. :D :D . Great evening had a lot of fun Grizz and I hope we can do it again soon.
Chuck with some nice eaters.

Dinner. YUMMMMMMMMM

Had a great night Chuck. Any time you want to get schooled just let me know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheldon

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:48 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

lol!!! great report man!!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 pm 
Walleye Master

great stuff

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:43 am 
Walleye Master

Its hard to believe sheldon can Lie so much....... but im glad he missed church to go fishing even though he really needs to do the church thing much MUCH MUCH more often.......
what can I say. yes he cought more fish than me bigger. better. and quanity. but here is the real story. his boat his GPS. his spots on the way back I was looking over the troll lines and it dawned on me that a GPS is accurate to within 10 feet and since his pontoon boat is 20 feet wide and he kept me on the outside of every GPS way point it really is amazing that I even stayed close in numbers really there was a few times when he was fighting fish i had to bump the tiller a bit moving the boat so I could catch a fish or two im telling you boys the guy knows every trick in the book when it comes to out fishing his buds ........ saying this . ill keep fishing with the guy for two reasons.......... basically he has like no real friends. and beating someone at there own game is well worth the efforts of spending 2 hours trapped on a boat or in an ice shack with sheldon lol ............. Thanks buddy. as always it was an adventure

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:30 am 
Site Admin

That was a great report got some chuckles out of it :lol: Thanks for sharing that

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:53 am 
Walleye Angler

That is funny I got a text from the old fella as well except all mine said was " I AM IN COUNTRY " At least you got the " THE ". Sheldon I quess the border patrol is not listening to us when we call and warn them about the Grizz. :lol: :lol: Way to go man you guys really got into them.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:33 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Funny report, sounds like the both of you have a lot of laughs together, and afterwards!!!! ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:02 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hey Grizz,

Those are some sweet eyes for the pan, nice job.

BTW - How can I get hooked up with a pair of those red rods hanging from the wall on the left.... They even look like "Spiderman" or "Superman" rods ooooooh, hook me up!!

CHeers, Hodgey...

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:03 am 
Walleye Catcher

Hey Hodgey,
Notice how close Grizz holds the fish to the camera.LOL.
Your right about the special rods. The first one is a floating Superman rod which the REV gave to my son Ethan last year for his birthday. The other one is none other than the floating spiderman rod. Grizz was not sure which one to use at first but the superman rod did the trick for him.LOL. Grizz has a few for sale he said he was gonna upgrade to the "DORA the EXPLORER" or the fishergirl rod for this winter.HAHAHAHA.
Have a good weekend.
Sheldon

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:21 pm 
Walleye Master

do you see the 750 fishing poles on that wall? sheldon keeps buying them hoping one day he will get one that catches fish lol