Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 11:16 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: White Fish
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:07 pm 
Walleye

Since everyone here is pounding the Walleye on the bay I thought it would be great time to head out on to Lake Simcoe and see how the white fish bite is. With words like fishing and boat ride my two boys where up at the crack of dawn much harder getting the wife out of bed :cry: . We headed out from Jackson's point and headed towards what looked like a parking lot at a mall during boxing day. There had to be hundreds of boats from Snake Island to willow beach, we stopped and fish in several spots catching one or two. Then at our last spot at around noon in 72 feet of water we hit the mother load we had doubles and triples going and couple of treats in the form of Lake Trout. Not to mention that I by accident I lost my wife's first Simcoe laker she was not to eager to forgive me for that one as a matter of fact she might be still pissed at me :oops: All and all it was a great time on the water and a great ending to a wonderful long weekend.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: White Fish
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:47 pm 
Minnow

Great report with a family outing. The BBQ shot does not help with my hunger rite now! Nice whities.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

Great report, does look busy in your first pic.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:41 pm 
Walleye Angler

I caught an incidental white fish while walleye fishing in Lake Ontario the other day. It hit a small crank bait off a board. What do you catch them on in Simcoe? What depth, speed, etc ? I've never heard of anyone targeting them here so I know very little about them.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:57 pm 
Walleye

Every one here anchors any where from 60 feet to 86 feet of water then you vertical jig with any spoon you would through the ice, silver and white fish spoons by Williams are the choice but some guys I know use jigs with gulp and bad boys as well, that day they where hitting anything you had. The key is to locate them and then hold on. If you never fished for them at Simcoe just head for the packs of boats be considerate of space and they will let you in.

banner ad
banner ad