banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:01 pm 
Walleye Master

Talking back and forth to Scott for sometime we deside its time to get together and get after some fish instead of just talking about fish so we set the date and Monday July 5th (Today) was the day. met in wellington harbor and headed out for a half day on the water .
So they say its gonna be hot with wind in the forcast well they got it half right cause man it was a banner day heat wise with little to no wind out there. the one meter waves forcasted were actually 1 inch waves.
We headed for the bonnet and got set up wasnt long we had our first MISS lol. and then another. and we were begining to wonder then at last we got a good hook set and brought in our first salmon of the day .
We didnt mark tons of fish but they were there and it wasnt long we landed another one pretty much the same size as the first this time we were clearing and checking lines and fish hit while popping it off the reliece strange hook up but hey it was a second fish.
Very little chatter on the radio but quite a few boats out there so we knew we were dont no better and no worse then the rest out there and scott desides its time to make some lunch lol... who would have thought. BBQ on the back of the boat lol
Just about to start eating and bang the dipsy rod bangs back and our third salmon of the day is on the line definatly a bigger fish than the first two and since i was standing right there the rod kinda landed in my hand and you know what they say possession is 9/10ths so this was MY FIGHT , and Grizzly won the battle lol .
We agreed to only go out until noon and while clearing lines we hooked another fish and fight was on once again with our forth fish to the boat. isnt it always the case cause just when we are leaving the fish are turning on lol. needless to say leaving fish is always hard but we did as we said. cleaned up and off we went back to harbor 4 fish in the box.. a great time had by all.
Here is a pic of our two biggest fish of the day.
Thanks for the great time Scott going 4 for 7 is a great half day fish by any standards Just imagin if we stayed to fish as they were turning on when it was our time to leave .we will definatly have to do this again sometime. was great to put a face to a name and it was a real pleasure. Grizz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:30 pm 
Walleye Master

The pleasure was all mine Grizzly. Great to meet you and better yet to get a few fish. Wish we could have popped a bigger one but I guess it could always be worse.

Thanks for posting a picture of my pasty white skin and my winter weight. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:

We'll do it again for sure and get a more respectable fish. The food sure was good though!! Nothing like BBQ Ribs for lunch on the water. mmmm mmm good (maybe it isn't winter weight, but summer weight LOL)

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:09 am 
Walleye Angler

your killing me guys!
I won't be out again till at least the 17th.
good job, nice looking fish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:02 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

BBQing while you're fishing looks realy cool.

That would be a good thing during the fall fishing :D

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:15 am 
Walleye Master

David,

Fresh Hot Coffee is even better in the fall. But, the bbq is pretty awesome too. I love my food!!

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:43 am 
Walleye Catcher

Hi Scott,
Sounds like you guys had a great day on the H2O. With Grizz in the boat I know why you had to get off the water at noon. half a day fishing with Grizz is hard enough let alone a full day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done.
Sheldon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:21 pm 
Walleye Master

whats wrong Sheldon Cant handle the stress of trying to stay one fish up on the grizz? lol I have noticed that about you thats why I always let you be two fish up you get all quiet and intence when you only have a one fish lead and when im up on you you are no fun at all lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:45 am 
Minnow

Some nice looking fish guys!