Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:26 am 
Walleye Catcher

I know this has nothing to do with fishing...sorry. I'm camping at Sandbanks soon, and I'm looking for somewhere close to the park to pickup firewood. I know they sell bags at the park, and usually a few places outside the park sell slightly bigger/cheaper bags but I'm looking to find someone that'll see me a truck load at a decent price. I tried kijiji but closest I saw was belleville.

Any locals know of someone that might see me a truckload?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:15 am 
Site Admin

Im not sure but I believe if youre camping right in sandbanks provincial park you are not allowed to bring in wood. They are trying to reduce the spread of invasive beetles. While in the area and out on tour a couple places to visit are the local craft breweries and wineries. Parsons in Picton has great craft beer with nice outdoor sitting area and fantastic mexician food. On the winery side the Norman Hardie winery has amazing wood fired pizza. enjoy your trip!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:03 am 
Walleye Angler

Best thing to do in this case is to call the park, but they will tell you outside firewood is not permitted in the park to help curb the spread of invasive species. Dan is right... https://www.ontarioparks.com/parksblog/ ... -the-park/

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Thanks for the input guys. I will definitely check out Parsons, and I've been to Norm Hardie's as well as many other wineries out there.

Also, I am well aware of the dangers in transporting firewood. There is no problem with buying firewood in Picton to bring into Sandbanks, they just frown upon transporting firewood from one area of the province to another which I won't be doing. If the parks would sell firewood for a reasonable price, I'd just buy it as the park but I'm not shelling out hundreds of dollars to keep a firegoing all week.

Someone must know a guy in Athol/Picton area that sells wood? Anyone? Hoping to grab a truck load somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 pm 
Walleye Master

Pm sent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:57 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Bump - heading up this weekend, can't believe it's this hard to find some firewood around picton that's not sold in a tiny overpriced bag

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:51 pm 
Walleye

hey bud send me a message i will get ya looked after

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:54 am 
Walleye

DanElliot wrote:
Im not sure but I believe if youre camping right in sandbanks provincial park you are not allowed to bring in wood. They are trying to reduce the spread of invasive beetles. While in the area and out on tour a couple places to visit are the local craft breweries and wineries. Parsons in Picton has great craft beer with nice outdoor sitting area and fantastic mexician food. On the winery side the Norman Hardie winery has amazing wood fired pizza. enjoy your trip!
the mexican food (the tacos anyway) are gone from Parsons along with the chef who now has a restaurant on the main drag in Wellington called La Condesa

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_R ... tario.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:55 am 
Walleye

TheDL wrote:
Bump - heading up this weekend, can't believe it's this hard to find some firewood around picton that's not sold in a tiny overpriced bag

yeah it's nuts...the firewood is generally $8 to $10 a bag anywhere within a short drive of the park...because tourists. Sells well at that price.