Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 am 
Baitfish

I have two of these brand new in a box never opened, too be sold as a pair only.These are the "High torque" series $775.00 firm. (613)243-3768. Trenton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:52 pm 
Walleye Master

Are these still available?

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:50 am 
Walleye

West Lake Willows wrote:
Are these still available?

Did you get a repy? Went to Sodus Point last weekend by car to check out if I went by boat if they had custom's (they do by video phone). The local tackle shop there Arnie's Tackle have a pair of Big Jons that had been used only a few times. The fellow who owned them had a heart attack and Arnie bought all of his equipment. He did have new and other used big Jons, but this pair looked like new $600 for the pair. I thought about it, but you never know might still go by boat and install them as my plates are for big jons.

The pair listed here are not unreasonable if they are still for sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:08 am 
Walleye Master

Thanks for the info. I called and these riggers are sold. I didn't really need them, but thought it was a pretty decent deal and mine are get a lot of use so a backup set wasn't a bad idea. I prefer canons but mainly for the look so I was willing to give the Big Jons a shot. Where in Sodus Point did you go? Is Sodus Point the same as Sodus Bay just east of Rochester on 104?

By the way the video phones for the check in on return to Canada are at Tip of the Bay, Picton Yacht Club, Prinyers cove, and Waupoos Marina.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:27 am 
Walleye

Yes it is at Sodus Bay, but just as you enter the Bay, but follow bouys before you head to directly to Arnies or the Marina. They told me there was a pile of sand in the middle with very low water levels. A great spot food & beer very reasonable.

There is a town called Sodus I guess, but it is 5 miles south of Sodus Point. I know I'm going again it will be by boat, but a real calm day.

Did you come directly back to Wellington then drive to video phone as it would sure extend the trip if had to go by boat.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:12 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks for the info. You have to go directly by boat straight to the video phone. You can't dock then drive there. Does kinda suck but if it is a decent day just adds a little time.

Scott