Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 pm 
Walleye

i have an 1860 enfield , gun is about 5 ft plus in length, has lots of crowns stamped in various spots with numerals, with other numerals beside. has brass trigger, brass curled around butt of stock with a numeral and crown with a capital lettering V.R.; on stock on 1 side is a small diamond shape with capital lettering D.C.story behind this gun ;
i bought 2 old 49 pick ups for restoration 20 yrs ago, the best shaped one was kept inside , and #2 was kept outside , well # 2 was sent to the scrap yard last yr, the scrap guy had me take out the seat prior to going . under this seat was a long greasy rag, inside this rag was a greased gun, cleaned it up a bit and here we are.
i am wanting to sell this gun but really need to find out what its value is first. i have gone on the net, and have had little success in getting a price, seen lots of replicas with pricing ....so any insite as where an appraisal can be done or if there is someone with knowledge on old guns would be awesome. thks,
im gonna try and get some pics up later.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:33 pm 
Baitfish

just curious does the enfield have a little compartment in the butt end of the gun?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:49 am 
Walleye Master

hey buddy just googl 1860 enfield rifles and there is pages and pages of resurch with proof marks. apparently the re is many reproductions out there but also pages to help you find these things out, what little i looked at it seems most were made in england and sold to both sides north, and south so some marks were added. once they made it to the states, but there really is alot of books and stuff from what I can see to help you out.... apparently they have like 4 makers of the enfield in england and proof marks mean a great deal to the value of the guns so keep yer fingers crossed you have a real gem!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have some old guns (inheritance) . Do we have anyone that knows about antique firearms?? :?:

This is one. What is it. Worth anything ??

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:14 am 
Walleye

skmn, that one looks like a short version of mine , you ever shoot yours ? i got an appraisal of 7500. for mine, went on an enfield website, the markings on the gun are key to the value. i was fortunate in that the markings on mine , were rare , which led to the hi value. now i just gotta find the buyer .lol. good luck with yours.
there were no side compartments on the side of stock or butt on mine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:16 pm 
Walleye Angler

hey sknkmn found this check it out might help ya shed some light on that cool gun http://www.radix.net/~bbrown/japanese_markings.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:08 pm 
Walleye Angler

http://www.surplusrifle.com/arisaka/index.asp

This is my gun. Got value of 300 us. Nice keep sake.

Never fire it. Part of bolt missing.

Id Sell it for 300 if anyone is interested in buying a WW11 Arisaka Type 99 Rifle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:30 am 
Walleye

'eye chaser wrote:
skmn, that one looks like a short version of mine , you ever shoot yours ? i got an appraisal of 7500. for mine, went on an enfield website, the markings on the gun are key to the value. i was fortunate in that the markings on mine , were rare , which led to the hi value. now i just gotta find the buyer .lol. good luck with yours.
there were no side compartments on the side of stock or butt on mine.

I also own an 1857 Enfield with similar marking. Complete with carry strap, ammo pouch, ammo, [paper and brass]. Gun has Bayonet with Sheath. No idea as to value although I quickly turned down $1200. a few years ago. Gun was given to me by an elderly gentleman in Kingston some 40 years ago. He advised it had always been in his family and was and is near mint. Cool wallhanger!

banner ad