banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

Just a few pi s off my camera in prep for turkey season. There is one less out of the flock since wednesday, hope everone else has had some luck.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:22 pm 
Walleye Master

Great pictures. I'll have to set up a 2011 trail camera thread up at the top again this year.
A few of us have got our bird already. I just picked up tag #2 and will be trying for him next weekend. Sounds like you're ready to try for your second as well. If you have one, post a pic with your story.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:52 pm 
Walleye Angler

Monday morning I was surround with birds, turned out to be 7 toms total and no shot, returned to the same spot tuesday and wed. Wednesday morning head gobbles in the distance in three different directions but none on the hill above me. I cherped and nothing, decided to move but just before moving I made a gobble call and got a response in the woods up the hill above me. Started pucking and purring back and forth with some hens, within 20 minutes 4 hens came out with a jake couple minutes behind. As I prepard to take a shot the hens made me and started warning (they we just & ft from my feet) I was able to draw and shoot before he got out of range. Just a jake but he came in like a wise ol Tom.
Trail cams are great, my daughter is 2 1/2 years old and I found it a great way to get her interested in teh out doors as she come with dad into the field or woods on teh 4 wheeler to check the camera and she loves seeing the pictures of deer, coons, birds, turkeys and what ever else there might be.
Picture of the older guy is dad with his monday morning bird.
My beard collection 5 for 5 last 5 years, the 10 incher was my first.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad
banner ad