Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trailcam Advice
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:31 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hi Guys:

Looking at buying two or three trail cams and would like some advice. They don't really need to shoot video, just looking for a nice clear picture day or night, time/date stamp, and something with a quick trigger speed. Price is a consideration, but don't want to buy cheap junk. Just a good reliable unit that won't spook the game. Welcomming any reccommendations of good units and advice on what to aviod. Thanks in advance.

Bruce

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

Post subject: Re: Trailcam Advice
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:58 pm 
Walleye

Acouple of my friends swear by the spy points. One guy has em set up on all his bear baits and he gets great shots, I have tried but get lousy shots/ blank shots with the bushnell cams...

teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Show him a fishing show, bore him to death...

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:51 pm 
Walleye Angler

Look at my other post I hit new topic instead of reply sorry. read it just what i have learned over the years with my past cameras.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:36 pm 
Walleye Master

I have the Moultrie D55IR and like it well enough with no complaints. I got it on sale at CT for $130, regular $200. Check out the trail cam 2010 thread at the top of the list and look at the different pictures from different guys cameras. If you see a set that looks good, maybe ask them what they have. I gotta admit, I do like the colour night pics. Mine only takes colour shots in the daylight, black and white at night. Chances are, the better the pic, the higher the price though.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:45 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Pics look good on your Moultrie, Adventure. I see BPS has them on sale for $99, but probabley higher in TO. Cabela's has them for the same price you paid, which is still pretty reasonable.

Grizz and Catcher also have some good looking pics on there as well. Mind telling us what your using??

Thanks,

Bruce

Last edited by Dog Lake on Mon May 02, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:41 am 
Walleye Angler

My pics are from a Spypoint. Infared is always black and white you need a flash for colour. Stay away from Stealth Cam . Junk.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:22 pm 
Walleye Master

I use the Moultrie Game Spy D50.love it really easy to use easy set up under 80 bucks at walmart here in the states...... im all about simple and it seems to do the trick well enough

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:47 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks for the info guys. Ill be looking into the moultrie and spycam units and let you know what i get.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 am 
Walleye Angler

Here are a couple pictures from my new Bushnell Trophy Cam. The quality of the day time shots is the best I have seen, the video is not as good a quality of the pictures but that is to be expected from any digital camera. I would highly recomend this one. Very easy to program with the LCD screen and the best part it is less than half the size and weight of all the others and it is only $150.oo. My other camera is $100 at bass pro and the extra $50 is well worth it, way more otions and settings and very easy to program. These are on the 8m setting it does 3 5 and 8 meg pix. This website requires you to shrink the pictures, but the actual size when viewed on my computer is really good. Out of 289 pictures in 4 days I never had any blanks. Any one that talks about blank is not setting the sensitivity properly, I tried this camera on Normal the first time and no problems. Lots of pictures of squrrels, blue jays, raccon etc. but no blanks. I did have take 3 shots at once as well. My other camera is a Moultree good working but doesn"t compare.
Hope this helps

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad