Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Trail cam pics
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:47 pm 
Walleye Angler

The thing with the cameras are that pay a little more. My first trail came was about $80 and with it I was able to get some good shots but because it was only 2meg pix they where gainy and disapointing. My current camera is 5 meg pix and the quality is shown in my post of turkey and deer pics. I forget the brand name but you can get it right now for $99 down from $129 at bass pro, it has a flash instead of infrared. I just bought a new one yesturday which was a bushnell for $149 its half the size and uses AA batteries, does video, pics, night vision, widescreen and many more options. What i noticed about the camera I have the more power the battery has the better quality shots you get, when the batts are down to 40% or lower you seem to get fewer pics over the same time and some you get are more blurry and more blanks, higher the batt life the much better the pics. I will let you know how the new cam makes out once I get it out in the feild for a while, it also goes up to 8 mps. What I suggest is spend a little more because once I got a few pics on my first camera of deer and bears and they where a bit grany I regreted the cheap camera and instantly went out and bought the 5mp, have used it for 3 years and now I want more so that is why I just picked up the new one. If you love the out doors and wildlife, I would recomend to look at maybe 1 or 2 cams in the 150 price range instead of 2 or 3 in the 50 to 100 price range. Last year canadian tire had a 2 pack on sale for I think 189, I think they where 5 mp keep an eye out for that as well.

good luck and dont for get to share lol
adam

Post subject: Re: Trail cam pics
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:38 am 
Walleye Angler

I have a spypoint that I got about 5 years ago and it has taken over 25,000 pics for me and it has worked great in the cold , rain , night with infared. Now it is all faded and one of the clips to hold it shut is broke but it still takes great pics. I paid a little more for it , I think around $ 300 bucks or so. Last year I bought a Stealth cam and this thing is a piece of junk. I have had three replacement cameras from Stealth cam since I got this one due to each one they replace it with breaks as well. And now with this one that they recently sent me to replace the last one is not working right. This one does not take night time pictures properly due to the day time filter not retracting. It is good they replaced the broken cameras but when you get a new one from them and it does not work right that is just bad business. I will never recomend Stealth cam to anyone. Junk. I have been thinking about getting one of those bushnell bone collector models that is really small I think 6 inches by 4 inches and the batterys last a year. I think they are around the $ 150 mark. But I would like another stealth cam as well but they are pricey. So we will see which one I get.

banner ad