Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:49 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tag transfer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:16 pm 
Walleye Master

One of our buddies had to cancel for the moose hunt and he drew the cow tag. I was wondering what all was involved in transferring a tag over. Anyone had to do this before. I was the only other one who put in with him for our group.

Post subject: Re: Tag transfer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:37 pm 
Walleye

You the alternate on the tag I would assume. If not check his tag and there will be a number on there who the alternate in the group is. It is the alternates outdoor card number or part of it if memory serves me well. Go to Service Ont. at century place in Belleville. They will do the transfer there. They will ask questions about the transfer.....Why being the big one. Both the tag holder and alternate are supposed to be present. They seem to be giving a harder time now with moose tag transfers. Personnally i would suggest a medical procedure to be done during the time you plan your hunting trip for the tag holder as a reason he cant go. I believe there was a 10 dollar fee to do the transfer and the new tag holder goes into pool b next year while the original tag holder goes back into pool A for next season. Its not a big deal to do it but the last time we had to do that they asked a few questions, so just prepare to answer them

Post subject: Re: Tag transfer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks Jubes. We already had the bull guaranteed with the other guys so just him and I applied as an off chance and got lucky. He started a new job a couple of weeks ago and can't get the time off now, much to his dismay. Maybe we'll see if his boss will write a letter for us.

banner ad