banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BYE BYE LGR!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:40 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

For those of you who haven't heard the long gun registry was officially scrapped yesterday afternoon.
About time!!!!!!

FISH HUNTER

Post subject: Re: BYE BYE LGR!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 am 
Walleye Master

ya bud its awsome

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:36 pm 
Walleye Angler

It wasn't that awesome for me. I finally got my PAL in the mail on Wednesday and what better way to cellabrate then to go buy a new .270! :P I went to Crappy Tire today and bought and paid for a Savage Axis combo and a couple boxes of shells to practise up for the Yotes on and low and behold my gun is being held until they figure out what is going on. They phoned the registry office just to verify and was told they are no longer registering long guns. So Jeff at CTC asked if they just revert back to the old way before the registry and they said it has nothing to do with them so they will have to phone the Fire Arms Chief and ask him ( Which is closed until Tuesday). So it looks like I am going to have to wait until they figure it out before I get my gun released, somehow I think this will go beyond Tuesday :cry:

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:19 pm 
Walleye Master

Congrats on the new gun and good luck getting it soon.
My son has a Savage .270 as well and really likes it. The 100 grainers shoot flat forever and are great for yotes. Let us know what happens and what they are doing now that the registry has finally been abolished.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:21 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hey Hutchy:

The registry is dead, and your CTC in Belleville should have received an e-mail yesterday afternoon indicating they do not need to register the firearm itself, just record the sale in their ledger with info from your PAL and Drivers Licence or other piece of id with an address on it. Thats all that is required now and you should be able to walk out of the store with your purchase.

Tell Jeff at CTC to call their friends in Kingston (open monday), and ask for outdoor sports manager Mike Howe to confirm, but they have been going out the door there without registration since Friday afternoon. I work there a bit PT and was in today.

For transfers between private parties all the seller does is write up a recipt with the serial and model numbers for the buyer, and write down the buyers PAL information so he can prove he sold the firearm to a person with a valid PAL. Done.

Hope you enjoy the new .270 Hutchy.

Bruce

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:27 am 
Walleye Angler

Jeff was going to let me walk out the door with it however another guy behind the desk got all paranoid and called the manager and the paranoia spread to him and they said they didn't want to go to jail for doing something wrong and asked me if I wanted to go to jail too? At this point all I could do is shake my head and laugh (Jeff and a few other spectators at the counter too). I told them maybe they should have asked these question sooner as everyone knew this was going to happen but they still acted like it was a big surprise to them. Shame on Belleville Canadian Tire management for their lack professionalism. But I will prevail in the end.

Adventurer: You said your son shoots 100 grainers, where do you buy them? I bought 130 grain Hornady but that was as low as they had.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:25 am 
Walleye Master

He got Remington 100 grain from Chesher's (Maitland Drive, just east of Hiway 62). That's where he got his gun as well.

He pulled his Savage out of the box, put 1st round 1" high, 1" left at 50 yds, 2nd 2" high, 3" left at 100 yards. He adjusted the scope to hit further right and his third round was 4" high and 2" left at 200 yards. Not sure when the bullet was coming down. Need a 600 yard range I guess to find out.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:08 am 
Walleye Angler

Thanks Adventure, if Crappy Tire don't get their heads on striaght fast enough I will call Cheshers and see if they have one in stock and go get my money back and buy one there.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:19 am 
Walleye Fry

I have a feeling the the RCMP is swamped right now with this whole issue. I did the restricted course 6 weeks ago and I still haven't got my student form back from the OPP yet...the instructor said it typically takes 2-4 weeks....so I dont know what the deal is.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

I wrote my PAL test back in December and I just got it in the mail last Wednesday, I don't think it is anything recent that slowed down the process.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:52 pm 
Walleye Fry

Awesome news, but funny how the media elects to publish certain issues!! Never heard of this til today!!! ya hoo

banner ad
banner ad