Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Ducks???
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:15 pm 
Walleye

Is anyone still getting ducks? I was out for a few hours the last few days and saw a few mallards but none close enough to get a shot at. I hear them quacking away at night but they seem to be long gone by first light. Low water may be an issue where I hunt as the waterline is about 25 yards out from the blind. I still hear shots every now and again in the Mohawk Bay - Long Reach area. Someone getting some birds I guess. Good luck if you're still trying.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:04 pm 
Walleye Angler

I haven't been out, but I drove through Brighton on Saturday and saw two 20 foot plus boats parked at a local motel. Both boats were painted blue camo, and had several layout boats inside. These boats were hitched to trucks with some outfitters name on them....couldn't make out the name. These were serious looking rigs, (I almost went on the ditch I was so in awe) and I would think that there must be a ton of divers around to attract out of town guides with such impressive equipment .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: Ducks???
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:00 pm 
Walleye Master

I've been getting a few mallards off the Trent the last few weeks. I also had a flooded pond in a field they were going to until the pond dried up. They are definitely down but are starting to get wary to my decoying. I also see quite a few divers on the river now.

I don't hunt any of the big Bays as I'm not really sure of any good places where you can hunt on them, so I can't say what's going on there. I can only imagine they are there though.

I'd love to try the layout boat hunting someday. Sounds like that outfitter has quite the rigs.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 pm 
Walleye Angler

Oh yeah, nice rigs for sure. 20foot plus modified deep-v,blue camo,new merc motors, at least 100horse tiller drive. Anyone see them out off presqu'ile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: Ducks???
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:20 am 
Walleye Angler

Im pretty sure I have been hearing them shoot in front of Wellers beach , there has been shooting off shore all week, all day long from there.

banner ad
banner ad