Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bow hunt
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:15 am 
Walleye

Just curious to know who is as eager as I am and starting their whitetail hunting next week? Cant wait!!

Post subject: Re: Bow hunt
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:11 pm 
Walleye

I was sighting in the crossbow a few days ago and can't wait till Tuesday. After a successful bear hunt with 2 bears down, deer can't come soon enough. I have a few on the cams now but no shooters at all, especially since I don't have a doe tag lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:15 pm 
Walleye

I just got back into hunting last year after a 10 year layoff. I bought a crossbow this spring and have been counting the days since.
My buddy went in to hang my stand for me last week and there was six deer in there hanging around. One of them was a 14 pointer. Have some high hopes for this year!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:30 am 
Walleye

So was finally able to get a couple days off wed/thurs and headed north as my buddy had a doe tag for back there.
I was finally able to seal the deal on my first deer. My buddy had done some scouting and hung my stand and told me exactly where the deer were travelling. He was right on the money. About an hour before dark a doe stepped out and my Horton Legend SL dropped her on the spot.
She was a little smaller than we had hoped but being my first deer ever im still proud of it. Gotta crawl before you can walk I guess.
Thanks to my buddy for putting in the preseason work. We have one more tag to fill and then I can get back to the big fall smallmouth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:36 am 
Walleye Master

Congratulations on your first deer!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:45 pm 
Walleye Angler

Awesome , congrats . Scouting pays off big time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:59 pm 
Walleye

Thanks I appreciate that. Was a big thrill for me.

Im still trying to play with photoshop to make it look bigger in the pictures but not having alot of luck. Lol

The wife and kids didnt seem to mind that it was smaller though when they were enjoying the bacon wrapped tenderloin I made for them tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:39 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have a doe tag, but have not been able to set up a place to hunt, I hunt with crossbow, rifle or shotgun. If some one can fit me in I only need a quarter, someone who likes deer can have the rest. Feel free to PM me.
Cheers Robert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:10 am 
Walleye

I have a decent 8 pointer on the cam and a few does, so far I've been out every day either morning or evening....sometimes both. I haven't seen a single dam deer yet during shooting hours. So much food around now for them so baiting is pretty well pointless plus this warm weather doesn't help at all. I pretty sure I'm heading out again tonight for a few hours, not giving up just yet lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:23 pm 
Walleye

Im seeing lots of deer but only the does are getting close enough to shoot. Of course we only have a buck tag. A couple more weeks and the bucks shouldnt be far behind the does. Just an FYI they are not showing up until 5:00pm or later. Hunting earlier seems to be a waste of time right now. Mind you getting some alone time in the woods is never really a waste of time

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:03 am 
Walleye

Couldn't agree more with the wasted morning hunts, all trail cam pics I have are from 8 and on. Cooler weather here now might help get things going. Today is moving a tree stand day here, all the leaves came off the trees on the weekend at one spot leaving for a very bare set up, moving it back farther into the bush. Good luck guys!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:07 pm 
Walleye

I was hoping to see a post from someone who had a big cranker down by now. We are having the damndest time seeing bucks so far. The does and fawns want to walk within 5 yards of us, but still nothing with horns behind them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:13 am 
Walleye

2 nights ago I had 4 bucks on the cam at the same time, 2 nice 8's and 2 6's one has the horns broke off on the right hand side. What sucks is they are coming from midnight and on, I have a bunch of pics with them interlocked too. Nice to see! We got some snow last night and temps this week are cool, hopefully they start to move during shooting hours. As for now I'm betting on the rifle hunt just over a week away!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:56 pm 
Walleye

We see lots of deer during the shooting hours just nothing with horns on them. Im banking on soon the ones with horns will be following the ones we are seeing looking for some lovin.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:43 am 
Walleye

Hard to see in this pics but 2 other bucks are sparring in the back left

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad