Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:56 pm 
Walleye Angler

Well try as I might I have not been able to get a big buck in front of me this year , but do not count me out yet.!!!!!! But I have been trying to in the mean time get my son a nice buck with the crossbow and try out our new TriggerTech trigger for Excalibur Crossbows . These triggers are so sweet to use , with a 2.5 pound breaking force it brings a whole new element to Excalibur shooting.
Well this Sunday past with the cold snap I just knew the deer were going to move , and sure enough we got in the stand at about 3:00 pm and about 4 : 15 we heard some foot steps in the leaves in front of us. And three does came right in and feed in front of us for about 5 minutes or so. Then we heard some more leaves being walked on and we could see a rack coming through the woods. A buck was heading our way , my son who just turned 13 last week being an apprentice hunter this year was getting a little nervous. But he kept his calm and waited for the perfect opportunity to make his move and I knew the buck was in trouble . We had just practiced shooting an hour before and he was hitting toonies size targets at 25 yards. I glanced at my son looking through the scope and no shaking or any sign of nervousness . I was almost wondering what was taking so long for him to shoot , then the buck angled a little quartering away and I saw my son bear down on the scope and easily squeezed the trigger. WACK the buck jumped and off he went and perfect shot could be seen on the buck as he ran off. He made it about 60 yards and started to get a little weak in the knees , and down he went. Oh ya high fives all around and we got down to admire his trophy. And after field dressing the deer he had made a perfect heart shot with a nice broadhead hole right trough the heart. He was pretty excited to get a nice buck with the crossbow and is still smiling from ear to ear today. Great memories for dad and son to share in the woods.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:03 pm 
Walleye Angler

Nice buck, gotta love it when a plan comes together, especially nice when the young r the ones taking the shot
Cheers Rob.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:47 pm 
Walleye

a good welcoming to deer hunting great stuff ....as alot of us wait for a long time to get a chance a deer like that good stuff buddy

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:54 pm 
Walleye Master

The smiles say it all. Congratulations on your deer. You'll remember this year with a big smile for the rest of your life.

banner ad
banner ad