Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:44 pm 
Walleye Master

I read where someone mentioned taking Hiway 17 to the far north moose hunting grounds. We always take Hiway 11. It is much flatter and straighter with lots of 24 hour gas stations and restraunts along the way. We've taken Hiway 17 twice and although it is certainly more scenic through the day hours, it has way too many big hills and more unpredicdable weather. We find it takes pretty close to the same amount of time either way, but it's much easier taking Hiway 11. We always drive straight through the night, but the last couple years I've been trying to convince my buddies to grab a hotel halfway.

I was wondering which route others take who go up to Thunder Bay and beyond? Does anyone else drive straight through or grab a hotel somewhere?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:27 pm 
Walleye

Have been both ways......11 is longer but faster we found. 17 more scenic by far but weather can be brutal that way at times. On way north we drove straight to Tbay first day. Leave here midnight and be suppertime by the time we got there..about 18 hrs. Drive next day to camp between V'bay and ear falls. On way back we would drive from there back to Cochrane or the Sault depending which route. Drove straight thru once but only once. Longest drive ever......felt like *** for days after. I drove the night shift with all the snoring going on it made for a long night!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:15 pm 
Walleye Angler

Just got back from moose camp, always take hwy. 11, my overnight stop both ways is Larrder Lake.
On the Quebec border, just out of Kirkland Lake. Final destination is on Lac Seul half way between
Red Lake and Sioux Lookout, 26 hrs on the road. Will follow up with a report when I stop driving
and seeing yellow lines. Hwy. 11 is the way to go.

banner ad