Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:01 pm 
Walleye

Well it sure was an early morning for most of us turkeys hunters including myself i was up and ready to go at 4.30 and off i went in anticipation of shooting a big old tom.I arrived at my destination and all set up by 5.55.As i sat in by blind the time seemed to not be going as fast as i wanted and not hearing any gobbling i was beginning to wonder if i picked the right spot all of a sudden at 7.00 i heard 2 quick shots going off then i could hear hens clucking as they where running towards my direction and after a 1/2 hour later out popped 5 hens and nothing behind which means a male bird of some sort just got shot or wounded vise versa so i decided to give it to 8.45 then packed up and moved to another spot on my way down there gobbling was finally heard so i quickly set up to get ready.Put a hen decoy out and started calling for some reason the gobbling was going away from me every time i call so i shut up for about 45 minutes as the gobbling go closer then it stopped again i picked up the binoculars and took look there he was out of no where in the edge of the bush looking at me i was busted at 9.30 and off he ran.I packed the tent up tucked it away and ran up and went in the back door to where he was about 150 yards in the woods started calling again he gobbled back and within 5 minutes i called in 3 Jakes to 25 yards away i could have shot all 3 in 1 shot but i held out and Gerry you would have been proud of me that i didn't pull the trigger so i played with them for a while til i got a glimpse of him going back and forth in full strut all fanned and gobbling his head off .Then things looked like they where starting to go my way the Jakes moved off a little and let the Tom strut by i was getting frustrated that it took him 2 1/2 hours just to get close to where i could finally see him doing his thing what a sight it was to watch by 12.25 he was now at 50 yards it was hailing now so sound i made he was not hearing but he must have seen me move cause the fan went down head up and was waking away it was now or never BOOM! Down he went finally at 12.30 the game was over and i had my great tom 20.5lbs 8 1/4 inch paint brush and 1/2 inch spurs.Gotta love it for sure i guess he couldn't handle the shot!Ya Man

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:08 pm 
Walleye Angler

Great story, great hunt, Shawn. You the turkey man.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:53 pm 
Walleye Master

Nice going Shawn!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:59 am 
Walleye Catcher

nice bird thanks for the pic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:09 pm 
Walleye Angler

Nice one and great pics !! Congrats

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:26 am 
Walleye Angler

nice bird and great report!