Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Deer season success
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:46 pm 
Walleye Master

Didn't have any time off for deer season so only had time after work to hunt the back 40 with the muzzleloader. I got in with an hour to spare and saw one run off with about 1/2 hour to go. A short 15 minutes later the woods came alive.
Five does came running out of the thick and all I could hear was the buck right behind them grunting as he chased them out. More does came out with him and all of a sudden I had about 10 deer all out front in the swamp.
I watched the buck mix in with them as he grunted the whole time and waited for the right shot. At the big cloud of smoke, deer tails went everywhere and I was desperately trying to see through the smoke and where the buck went. As I reloaded and started over where I last saw him I watched does bounding off. I kept going thinking this might be a long night. But when I got closer, there lay the buck right where I shot him at 80 yards. Not a monster, but was pretty exciting the way it all worked out.
My son made his way over and then went and got the argo. We loaded him up in the back to take back to the barn. That machine sure makes easy work of bringing bucks out of the swamp.
Hope everyone else had a good deer hunt too.

Attachment:
full shot.jpg

Attachment:
deer.jpg

Attachment:
argo deer.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Deer season success
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:00 pm 
Walleye

Congratulations very nice buck haven’t had any time myself this season for deer hunting off next week finally from work for control hunt I am just pumped for Monday too come

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:02 pm 
Walleye Master

Good luck to you next week, hopefully you'll have a story to share.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:07 pm 
Walleye

adventure wrote:
Didn't have any time off for deer season so only had time after work to hunt the back 40 with the muzzleloader. I got in with an hour to spare and saw one run off with about 1/2 hour to go. A short 15 minutes later the woods came alive.
Five does came running out of the thick and all I could hear was the buck right behind them grunting as he chased them out. More does came out with him and all of a sudden I had about 10 deer all out front in the swamp.
I watched the buck mix in with them as he grunted the whole time and waited for the right shot. At the big cloud of smoke, deer tails went everywhere and I was desperately trying to see through the smoke and where the buck went. As I reloaded and started over where I last saw him I watched does bounding off. I kept going thinking this might be a long night. But when I got closer, there lay the buck right where I shot him at 80 yards. Not a monster, but was pretty exciting the way it all worked out.
My son made his way over and then went and got the argo. We loaded him up in the back to take back to the barn. That machine sure makes easy work of bringing bucks out of the swamp.
Hope everyone else had a good deer hunt too.

Nice buck!!

Attachment:
full shot.jpg

Attachment:
deer.jpg

Attachment:
argo deer.jpg

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:27 pm 
Minnow

Very nice 8 pointer!!!! Congratulations! By the sounds of your post your hunt was over quickly! Good for you. Right place at the right time!
We got one doe opening day and only had 1 doe tag for 5 guys in area 61, of course we saw 6 more does and 1 buck but he got away! " He who misses does the dishes"!!!

banner ad
banner ad