Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: opening day duck season
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:37 am 
Walleye

Its 3:30 am alarm isn't suppose to go off til 4, but i can't sleep anymore. TOO excited to get up and get going.......Am i the Only one????? I feel like a kid a Christmas knowing that Santa came last night and can't wait to see what the old fella brought me!!LOL!! ANyways good luck to everyone going out and stay safe!! Hope theres alot of ducks flying!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:17 am 
Walleye

We Got setup this moring and sitting down by 6 am. The lake was really rough this moring but the birds were flying. W seen lots of mallards flying but were to high to even think about shooting at. We seen a few dozen geese but to far out. At about 10 one of my buddies decide to have a mid morning nap after having bacon and eggs off the bbq, no sooner had he fallen asleep and we had 5 mallards come into our decoys. Me and my other buddy ended up getting 3 of the the ducks. The only problem was we both pulled on one of the birds and ended up hitting it twice...the bird didn't know which way to fall to the water. Those were the only ducks of the day.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:27 am 
Walleye Angler

I was out with my son and we got three. 1 Black and 2 woodies. Ate them all for dinner and they were good. :)

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:03 pm 
Walleye Master

How did I miss this new forum?!?!?

Love it.

I got 11 ducks Sat morning, 1 duc Sat night, and 1 duck Sunday morning. One of the slowest opening mornings, I've ever had here.

I was going to take some pictures to post but didn't want to post hunting pics in the fishing forum. I'll get some pics and video next weekend.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 pm 
Walleye Master

My oldest son and I got six mallards and one woody. We took my youngest 3 yr old and he fell asleep in the canoe on the way in to the blind Sat. night. We made a little nest for him out of camo netting and thought he'd jump up pretty quick at the sound of the first shot, but he never even flinched even after the 7 shots. Ok we might have shot a few more times than that and missed... He finally woke up at the end of the hunt when we were ready to go not having a clue about us shooting and happy as could be. We had a good laugh over his first duck hunt.
Look forward to the pictures Scott, glad you like the forum.
Adventure

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:16 am 
Jumbo Perch

Hey ladies,

opening morning saw a bit of activity. We got a few woodies, but unfortunately we had a fellow who decided to drive his boat around our blind a few times. That pretty much ended our morning. Next time I'm bringing the potato cannon and shoot cow patties at him!!!

banner ad
banner ad