banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:39 am 
Walleye Master

Not much to report this weekend. Really slow. Still really only resident birds in the area. I did see two or three flocks of divers though was really surprised to see that since we still haven't had a migration of puddle ducks yet. I haven't seen a single teal and we usually have tons of them around this time of year. Just resident mallards, and wood ducks really, aside from the widgeon we got last weekend. Crazy year.

Anyway, here is a short video I shot of the mud buddy motor in action. THought you might enjoy it. This thing never ceases to amaze me. This video is a from a back bay that is overgrown with wild rice at the mouth and just thick thick vegetation in several inches in some spots to literally no water in others just thick soupy mud. I used to try and slug a canoe in there in earlier years, but you just can't do it. You can't paddle and every push/stroke moves you a few inches, it just takes forever to get anywhere. Check out how the mud buddy handles it.

Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XButlQSsqxw

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:17 pm 
Walleye Master

That's awesome!! I've never seen one before. My son and I put the electric motor on the canoe, go to the edge then take the battery and motor off, put them on a muskrat house then go in the rest of the way by canoe and pull through the cattails with hip waders to the back ponds. I like your way better.
You need to put a pic up of the boat and mudbuddy now to show how it works.
Curious though, what about stumps?
adventure

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:11 am 
Walleye Catcher

Hey Scott,
Great Video, Those motors look like they work great.
Same with the ducks over here(Belleville) most are still the resident's and have not seen any teal yet. Got a small widgen yesterday and a few Mallards. Hopefuly the migration starts soon. Looking back in my record book it should be within the next 4-5 days. Bring on the Bluebills.
Good luck
Sheldon

banner ad