Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:29 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Quinte Trophy Room
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:15 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Great to see the pics of you guys out with the kids. We may put trophies on the wall and take pictures of our success, but it's the memories they bring of times in the field with friends and family that are the real prize. Way to go in getting our enxt generation of hunters involved.

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:11 pm 
Walleye

fisherboy_01 wrote:
wow red thats a hell of a buck, love the double drops on it. what did id score? gonna guess around 170-175

193 and change B&C not bad for first ever buck eh :roll: Friends tell me to quit cause I will never top it but hey, its fun tryin

Ya takin the kids out is the best, oldest gets his hunters apprentice next year, can't wait for his first deer...

teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Show him a fishing show, bore him to death...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:52 pm 
Walleye Master

helluva nice buck is right. Did you get him in the Quinte area?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:19 pm 
Walleye Master

redmandant wrote:
fisherboy_01 wrote:
wow red thats a hell of a buck, love the double drops on it. what did id score? gonna guess around 170-175

193 and change B&C not bad for first ever buck eh :roll: Friends tell me to quit cause I will never top it but hey, its fun tryin

Ya takin the kids out is the best, oldest gets his hunters apprentice next year, can't wait for his first deer...

wow thats huge, is that gross score or net, if thats net he must have grossed over 200 then

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:32 pm 
Walleye Master

Very cool post.

Sknman, that is a beautiful buck and crazy to have the broadhead in its back. Wow! Tough buck.

Red,
Those are some of the biggest drop tines I have seen! They are thick! That is a buck of a lifetime for sure.

Great pictures guys.

Scott

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:29 pm 
Walleye Angler

wounded wrote:
My sons first deer and he gets a double! he could of had us tagged out with does on this run, had 5 does and a big buck run out to him on the first run of the first day of the second week!
He ran out of bullets! The fifth doe stood on top of a rock staring at him. Lesson learned, carry a full box with you at all times.

Thats just cool ! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:45 am 
Walleye

adventure wrote:

No not quinte area, Over near Guelph. Funny thing, my neighbour in napanee shot a bigger deer the following year basically in his back yard. His wife didn't want the deer in the house so he gave it to the boys at Quinte Outdoors and its on display in the store, or at least it was two years ago. The guy who shot it is named Greg. Wish I had a pic of that hawg....

RED

teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Show him a fishing show, bore him to death...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:12 pm 
Walleye

Hey Red...nice buck............was it not in Big buck Magazine. Could swear I saw that pic in an issue a few yrs back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:58 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Found a pic of the mounts from the whitetails I posted earlier.

Attachment:
2005 mounts .jpg

And thought you might like to see this Wolfe Island giant arrowed by buddy Don Latimer. Talk about mass.

Attachment:
DON'S WOLF ISLAND BUCK sized.jpg

Freaknasty.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 am 
Walleye Angler

redmandant wrote:
adventure wrote:

No not quinte area, Over near Guelph. Funny thing, my neighbour in napanee shot a bigger deer the following year basically in his back yard. His wife didn't want the deer in the house so he gave it to the boys at Quinte Outdoors and its on display in the store, or at least it was two years ago. The guy who shot it is named Greg. Wish I had a pic of that hawg....

RED

Not sure if you mean these sheds that a guy named Greg shot the deer. But these sheds were displayed at Quinte Outdoors for awhile and they were on a full deer shoulder mount. And the guy who owns them is Greg. They were found in Prince Edward County near Wellington in Hillier township. The deer never was shot and no more sheds were ever found from him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:55 pm 
Walleye

Jubes Walleye wrote:
Hey Red...nice buck............was it not in Big buck Magazine. Could swear I saw that pic in an issue a few yrs back.

Yes he was, had a pic of my kids holding the mount. Here is a pic of the new 'dead room' just finished it yesterday

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:59 pm 
Walleye

Catcher, no those aren't the ones, but man, those are some impressive sheds. The one I am talking about was a typical 12, bow kill, pretty sure it would be close to Jack Leggo's record (which just got beat this last season

RED

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:56 pm 
Walleye Master

Man those are some crazy sheds. Would have been awesome to see that buck walk out of the brush into a shooting lane! I think I'd just freeze and watch it walk a way. What a magnificent animal that must have been.

Scott

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:51 am 
Walleye Angler

Hey Red

I like your dead room. I like your display on the wall with your article in Big Buck Mag. I have been in that magazine twice over the years with some of my deer but still have not done anything special with the articles. But you give me any idea on maybe what to do with them now. I had a guy from Florida ask me to sign a copy of the last magazine I was in and he had the article done up real nice on a plague with my signature on the picture.

Jack Leggo's buck is still a record in my books . That is one massive big 8 pointer that held the record for years.

I love the drops on your buck. That is what I am after and it is high on my bucket list of hunting. I have shot at and missed one with drops but have not seen one since in 17 years.