banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:00 pm 
Walleye Angler

So I was going to buy some deer urine at Chesher's today and was told that they can no longer sell deer urine! Thank you MNR for screw'n a local business. I was told we can still use fake urine sprays. This was put into place to stop the spread of anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:27 am 
Walleye Master

thats pretty crazy isnt it........... I mean come on lol....... ok here is a tip i learned years ago. estrus is estrus it dont matter if its a deer or a woman or a cow....... so try to find a farmer with a heffer dairy cow in heat it really works thats no lie ive used it many many times in the past, you could even ask yer wife to pee in a jar when she is in estrus . of course she is gonna look at you like you have totally lost your mind but it works..... another trick i often use is to dig out the dirt from a buck scrape and put it in a baggie then take that dirt to a different hunting area and make yer own scrap near your treestand......... its crazy but they sell on market a mock scape when you can just go out in the woods and get one lol this works good to attract a dominant buck in your area .. as a rule i dont use sents much at all I would just as soon never call attention to my presants in the woods not much point in putting accorn sent on if yer in an apple orchard. or visa versa..... sometimes whats best is just use dirt from the ground and rub it on yourself. or put a bunch of leaves in a bucket fill it with water let it sit a few weeks then put it in a spray bottle and use it for a cover sent same stuff they sell for $9.95 in the stores lol also works great if your a trapper setting traps... just a misting over your set before you leave........ and always set stands using the wind to your favor i find a hot run ill put up a few stands so i can hunt according to the wind ........ again just my 2 cents worth.
PS. all else fails there is always always always 1-800- MUX-URIN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 am 
Walleye Angler

The MNR reasoning is to try to stop CWD in Ontario. And also pretty soon any baiting will be stopped to. A little extreme if you ask me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 pm 
Walleye Master

you know i can see a little logic as apposed to baiting . i mean you are bringing deer together in close contact. not that they already dont inter mingle on a tract of land lol..... but urine? sheesh they sniff it they dont drink the stuff, the biggest problem with CWD is over population in some areas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:31 pm 
Walleye Master

Dare I ask...how in the heck did you actually get the estrus from that cow????

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:40 am 
Walleye Master

good question lol.......... a Milk farmer knows his cows very well he is the one who usually controls them by letting them dry up, and then also in breeding them, very few farmers use a bull any more lol. My farm friend is also a good hunter and he would always put a fresh cow off alone and just grab some fresh pee in her stall....... I mean its the estrus yer after so it dont matter how clean the pee is really I never really asked him how exctly he went about it, but he always supplied me with it, and I know it works well , tried, tested, and approved by Grizz lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:17 am 
Walleye Master

And the million dollar question is...which is more potent, cow-in-heat or Mux urine?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:07 am 
Walleye Angler

Grizzly wrote:
you know i can see a little logic as apposed to baiting . i mean you are bringing deer together in close contact. not that they already dont inter mingle on a tract of land lol..... but urine? sheesh they sniff it they dont drink the stuff, the biggest problem with CWD is over population in some areas

Bang on here Grizz....I've been ranting with my buds over this for a while, but it's not the baiting I have a problem. It's the GD people in my area who don't hunt, feed piles of food to the deer in the area on their lawn where you can cruise up at any time of day and see a HEARD of deer.

These people don't realize they are doing more harm than the hunters.

Do you think the MNR could end baiting though? As a bow hunter I would have something to say about this.

banner ad