Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: i-pilot link?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:15 pm 
Goby

Hey There, currently I am a happy HDS owner and I'm looking to add a second unit to my setup. I was ready to pull the trigger on the new Touch unit but I recently discovered the new i-pilot link...

As I am also extremely happy with my terrova and i have been counting down the days until I could integrate my finders GPS with my terrova's GPS... It looks like that day is finally here...

So, my question is, do you think a diehard HDS user could switch over to a Hummingbird? :-)

I know this is a recent development but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Link and which hummingbird unit would be similar to the HDS units...

Would I be crazy to run a Hummingbird and a HDS?

As you sell both finders would you rate on 'better' then the other?

Clear as mud???

I hope these are 'fair' questions....

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: i-pilot link?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:17 am 
Walleye Catcher

Both the Lowrance and the Humminbird make a great product. Most people would say that Humminbird units are easier to use over the Lowrance. I don't think you can go wrong either way you just need to get the unit that best suits your application.

The Humminbird will work with the iPilot Link but the contour features are only available with a Lakemaster map...not Navionics. If Lakemaster comes out with mapping for Canada then you'll be good to use that feature.

The downside to running two brands of electronics is that you have to learn two different operating systems. The upside is you'll be able to take advantage of the little things that each brand does better than the other. I'd recommend going to a place where you can see both units up and running and see the differences between them, then weigh out in your mind what's going to be best for you. We have them all on display at Radioworld or if you place to come to the Sportsman's Show next week of the Fishing Show the following week in we'll be at both of them.

The 700, 800, 900, and 1100 series Humminbirds will be the ones to look at as they are the most similar to the HDS units.

-Lawren

Check out our blog at www.blog.radioworld.ca

Post subject: i-pilot link?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:56 pm 
Goby

Excellent... I think I will stick with the HDS touch.

Thanks agin for the reply and I will see you at the show!

banner ad