Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:00 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I need some help here. Bought thd xi 920 transducer for dad (humminbird 598 ci hd). He hooked it up today according manual and got 'transducer not connected' error. I've not been over to troubleshoot it yet, but he said it's connected right and tried ice fishing mode, different frequencies, read manual, pressed buttons and swearing....still not working and ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:10 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Humminbird website does not list that unit as one of the ones compatible with the xi 920 ice ducer.

http://store.humminbird.com/products/314001/XI_9_20

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:10 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I saw that also, but I called hummingbird support prior to buying and also asked Lawren from radioworld (where I bought the unit and ice kit) and was told they'd work together. Anyone got any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:37 pm 
Baitfish

I have a 597 that did that when I turned it this fall, If you shut it off turn it on and as soon as you see the screen push the menu button and select normal instead of simulator in the start up options it took me awhile to get it . but that fixed it..... keith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:50 am 
Walleye Fry

I have a 597 and what hanco stated works but is likely needed to be done every time you start up the unit.
There is a way to avoid this.
Follow hanco's advice & when you have the unit working in normal mode go to the set-up tab & scroll down to the Demonstration tab. Turn it off.
Now the unit will recognize the ice transducer on start up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:29 am 
Walleye Catcher

hanco's advice should work for you. Also, to avoid this all together update the software on your units and you should be good to go. You can do that here http://www.humminbird.com/Support/

-Lawren

Check out our blog at www.blog.radioworld.ca

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:48 am 
Walleye Catcher

thanks fellas. I messed around and got to work. That startup mode thing did it (had to be done everytime), then I switched user mode to advanced and changed the transducer type from quadbeam (or something like that) to universal 2 or some such name (only 3 options) and it now loads up fine everytime.

I will update the software when I get it somewhere with highspeed internet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Hi. I had the same issue & started another thread about it before noticing this one. I did eventually get a helpful response from humminbird. Here it is & hope it helps!

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. Yes sir, provided the unit has 6.64 the unit will work with the ice transducer. Your unit is designed to look for temperature. The ice transducer does not have temperature which is why it shows transducer not connected. In order for the unit to recognize the transducer you will need to force the unit into normal mode and shut demonstration mode off on the unit. Once you shut demonstration mode off this one time from this point on when you power the unit on it will automatically come on in normal mode regardless of the transducer. To activate this feature you will do the following really quick.

1. Power the unit on time you see the loading message you will press the menu key once
2. Press exit to continue
3. Press menu 2 times
4. Right cursor to setup
5. Down cursor to user mode and right cursor to advanced
6. Down cursor to demonstration mode and left cursor to shut demonstration to shut it off
7. Press the exit key once
8. Left cursor to sonar and down cursor to sonar source and using the left or right cursor select 2d element
9. You will then down cursor to ice fishing mode and use the right cursor to turn ice fishing mode on

Once you have done the following you will press exit 2 times to leave your menu option. From this point on the unit will come on in normal mode regardless of which transducer is connected. If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free email us again or contact our Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Good Boating and Fishing!