Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:20 pm 
Jumbo Perch

I have the above unit & purchased the ice ducer specified for it in the manual. However it doesn't work & now it appears from reading some forums that I need a splitter & have to have both the ice ducer & my DI transducer hooked up for it to work. The part appears to be a AS-Si-DB-Y splitter. Is this right???

Thanks & tight lines

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:20 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Well, no reply from Radioworld but after some back & forth with Humminbird I got a solution. Might help someone else down the line.

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. Yes sir, provided the unit has 6.64 the unit will work with the ice transducer. Your unit is designed to look for temperature. The ice transducer does not have temperature which is why it shows transducer not connected. In order for the unit to recognize the transducer you will need to force the unit into normal mode and shut demonstration mode off on the unit. Once you shut demonstration mode off this one time from this point on when you power the unit on it will automatically come on in normal mode regardless of the transducer. To activate this feature you will do the following really quick.

1. Power the unit on time you see the loading message you will press the menu key once
2. Press exit to continue
3. Press menu 2 times
4. Right cursor to setup
5. Down cursor to user mode and right cursor to advanced
6. Down cursor to demonstration mode and left cursor to shut demonstration to shut it off
7. Press the exit key once
8. Left cursor to sonar and down cursor to sonar source and using the left or right cursor select 2d element
9. You will then down cursor to ice fishing mode and use the right cursor to turn ice fishing mode on

Once you have done the following you will press exit 2 times to leave your menu option. From this point on the unit will come on in normal mode regardless of which transducer is connected. If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free email us again or contact our Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Good Boating and Fishing!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:04 pm 
Walleye Master

I would imagine the Radioworld crew are busy at the Toronto Boat Show, which is most likely why they didn't reply. Although, that seems to be some good info straight from Humminbird which should help some guys out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:40 am 
Walleye Catcher

Walleye 9 wrote:
I would imagine the Radioworld crew are busy at the Toronto Boat Show, which is most likely why they didn't reply.

Yep that is why. When a trade show is on I don't have time to check these boards as often as I would like. Fastest response will always be by calling the store 416-667-1000 or emailing me directly at lawren @ radioworld dot ca.

Humminbird provides awesome service and I am glad they were able to help.

-Lawren

Check out our blog at www.blog.radioworld.ca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:02 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Finally got a chance to use the unit with the ice ducer on Simcoe today. Worked great & marked bait & fish very well. It should be noted that DI models do not allow you to change the cone angles/frequencies like non-DI models. You can use the 200 degree frequency but the 90 is unavailable. Still worked great though even if the fish weren't cooperating.