Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NAVIONICS PLUS CHIP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:03 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Good afternoon,

Can you tell me if the Navionics Plus chip is available and what is it's cost? I checked the Radioworld site with no luck.

I am currently using Navionics + on my IPHONE and the added contouring detail is great.

I have 3 Lowrance HDS first generation units on my boat. Will the new Navionics plus chip work with these older HDS units?

Thanks,

BATMAN 8) 8)

Post subject: Re: NAVIONICS PLUS CHIP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:36 am 
Walleye Catcher

We have the Navionics+ charts in stock and they are online and you can find pricing there http://radioworld.ca/navionics-p-11416.html. Ask for the Quintefishing discount when you place your order and you'll get it for No Tax.

Yes it will work on the Gen 1 units, but you will need to update the software to 4.1 for the best performance

-Lawren

Check out our blog at www.blog.radioworld.ca

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:11 am 
Baitfish

What are the differences between the new Navionics + chip and the Hotmaps Platinum chip? I understand with the Navionics + you choose your area of coverage but are there any differences in the map details. For example if I downloaded Bay of Quinte on a Navionics + chip will it have the same detail as Hotmaps Platinum?

Thanks

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:01 pm 
Walleye Catcher

The Plus chart is a blank card and you can download Gold and Hotmaps Premium level detail for North America. The Hotmaps Platinum chart will cover the lakes listed here and may have some 3D detail on charts. Not much 3D for Canada that is worth it aside from Rice Lake in my opinion. You will get the same detail for Quinte on either chart.

Your HDS can run the SonarCharts feature Navionics now has for their charts and that is going to give you the best detail.

-Lawren

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:10 am 
Guppy

Can i get the Navionics in a micro sd card? Or do the come in a regular sd card? I have a Garmin legend CX that i would like a card for if i can.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:18 am 
Walleye Catcher

Navionics are on a MicroSD and come with the SD adapter.

Garmin units are not compatible with Navionics charts but they have their own mapping available. Give the store a call 416-667-1000 and we can help you select a map for the lakes you will be on

-Lawren

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:59 pm 
Guppy

Radioworld wrote:
Navionics are on a MicroSD and come with the SD adapter.

Garmin units are not compatible with Navionics charts but they have their own mapping available. Give the store a call 416-667-1000 and we can help you select a map for the lakes you will be on

-Lawren

thanks, will do.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:01 pm 
Perch

Lawren, I bought a Navionics+ card last April and had no problems whatsoever downloading the maps I wanted and registering everything. I decided I would try to download the 'freshest data' to update the card and the website just seems to keep going in circles and I get nowhere. I can log in but cannot seem to get it to recognize my card. It just keeps telling me to download the chart installer which I have done about 8 times now. I have tried all kinds of adaptors (which all seem to be recognized by the computer) and 3 different computers with no luck.

Can you offer any advice?

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:00 pm 
Walleye Master

G.mech,

Try going to "add remove programs" remove chart installer. When you log in again it then re download the new chart installer it should work.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:00 am 
Perch

West Lake Willows wrote:
G.mech,

Try going to "add remove programs" remove chart installer. When you log in again it then re download the new chart installer it should work.

Scott

That did the trick, thanks a lot Scott!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:11 am 
Walleye Master

Awesome. Glad it worked.

The sonar charts updates are amazing. West lake after we spent an hour on it has huge improvements. I have uploaded all my logs from trolling around Picton bay and the reach too. It should make a huge difference there too.

I can't get over how easy it is to record and upload logs. Initially I just didn't want to invest the time to figure out the process but when I finally did, it took less then a minute to export my logs and uploading wasn't much longer. It's ridiculously easy and makes a huge difference to the charts. It's so cool.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:54 pm 
Guppy

Lawren,

I have an HDS 10 Gen 1 that I intend to use for Sonar and SS and an HDS 8 Gen 2 that I intend to use for GPS charting this year on Erie. They are linked together with an Ethernet cable. Looking to buy the Navionics + card which I'll install in the HDS 8. Sound right to you? Do you ship to the US? What is your price delivered to my door? Look forward to hearing back from you, thanks.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:29 am 
Walleye Master

CSH Kucinski, Radioworld is in the middle of moving into the toronto sportsman show that starts on Thursday and runs through Sunday night. He may be slow to respond to you. You may want to call the store anyone there can answer your questions I'm sure.

Scott

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:53 am 
Walleye

Hi guys I updated online to Nav plus for my 788 bird and I didn't realize till now it's lake specific down loading, daa. I scanned basically all of Lake Ontario and surrounding area will I actually get all the lakes in the area or go back and re load just the specific lakes I want?

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:58 pm 
Walleye Master

When you draw the box around the area you want you will get everything inside that box that is charted. Does that make sense?

Scott

banner ad
banner ad