banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:45 pm 
Walleye

This may already have been covered previously but I was unable to locate...if so my apologies.

I have a Lowrence Elite5 unit with GPS on my dash that works great but is somewhat tucked away from everyone's viewing! I have an extra unit (no GPS) lying around that needs a transducer cable and was hoping I could additionally mount this unit on the stern or bow to entertain my fishing partners and save them from hanging over my shoulder while I drive.

Firstly can this be done, can I simply mount the additional transducer next to the one already mounted without interference or is there a way I could marry up the 2.

I would need to order a transducer for this unit...I assume one can be ordered.

Again apologies if already covered.

Steve
WalleyeWon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:03 am 
Walleye Catcher

What is the other unit? You may be able to buy a switch to allow you to use one unit at a time, but not both at the same time.

If you mount the transducers beside each other they will interfere if they are on the same frequency. You can use the 83kHz on one unit and then 200kHz on the other and interference should be minimal if you get any at all when set up like this.

-Lawren

Check out our blog at www.blog.radioworld.ca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:18 am 
Walleye

Lawren...Thanks for the reply, both units are relatively new (2yrs) and are both Lowrence Elite 5...the one already mounted has the card slot and GPS the other does not and is the basic model I suppose. Would like to be able to use both at once...the existing transducer mount is on the starboard side of the transom. I run a kicker on the port side and wonder if I could somehow mount the spare units transducer on that side without interference...I also like you idea of changing the frequency.
I also had a suggestion from a board member that I could possibly mount the spare transducer directly to the kicker...could that work?

What would I need off the spare unit to order the transducer from you...Model Se# I suppose?

Thanks again for the feedback...much appreciated!

Steve
WalleyeWon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:18 am 
Walleye Catcher

You will most likely get interference with having two units running at the same time. The only way around that is to have one on 200kHz and the other on 83kHz.

I wouldn't mount the transducer to the kicker. You're asking for trouble doing that. Just put it on the transom at least 6" away from the other transducer. Ideally on the opposite side from the first one.

If you need a transducer for the Elite5 it is the HSTWSU.

-Lawren

Check out our blog at www.blog.radioworld.ca

banner ad