Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:12 pm 
Walleye

I have a gen 2 touch 9' hooked up to a motorguide xi5 with the gateway, I have the latest lowrance updates (dec 2015, version 5 for touch unit), but the auto pilot menu WONT show up on the main page for the gen 2 touch 9" so I can add it to a menu pane, it only shows up if I go to advanced settings but even then it is only on the top of the map, not allowing me to add it to its own pane. my 5' gen 2 is working as it should. Has anyone had this problem? I have emailed lowrance and hope they reply asap, but it was from googling that I came across a document by them saying to go to the advanced to add it... so i am doubting they will even know how to add it to the main page. I should also mention when I did the updates for the xi5, there was only one update not two like most you tube videos I've seen. Not sure if that's cuz of the version 5? Any help much appreciated. Lawren I know you don't sell motorguides but I'm hoping you can solve this since you are Lowrance guru :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:44 pm 
Walleye Catcher

When you go into advanced you have turned in on right? Once you do that it should then appear in the Page where you can create a new split screen. Are you saying it isn't showing up in there?

In the mean time you can access it quickly by pressing the Power button and then selecting Autopilot

I'll look into it for you tomorrow when I can get in front of a unit.

Check out our blog at www.blog.radioworld.ca

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:16 pm 
Walleye

That is correct, I have it turned on in advance. It won't show up at all in the area needed for it to make it into a split screen. It only shows up if I go into power button but then once selected it's almost half the screen, if I could get it into panel option it would be easier to use and just take up a panel side?

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:20 am 
Walleye Catcher

Not sure what to tell you...I just tried my HDS9 Gen2 and I can make a page with it no problem. I am running version 5.0. Just to ensure you are adding it as a panel correctly this is how you do it.

Press the hard key Pages (top key)

Then scroll down on the right bar which has all the splits you've created to the bottom. Select the blank page with the + sign on it.

Then from the left drag the panel over into the screen.

It that isn't working for you then its beyond me. You can give Lowrance tech support a call at 1-855-361-1564

-Lawren

Check out our blog at www.blog.radioworld.ca

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:16 pm 
Walleye

Turns out the problem was something they didn't bother to make easily preventable. On the gateway cable and the cable on the xi5 is an arrow that isn't standing out easily. They must line up! The cables can hook up two ways but only one way the pins are correct. Wish they woulda made it two big red dots to make it obvious. Thanks for your help!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:20 pm 
Walleye

Image I'm surprised this showed up on the graph, not sure if it was cuz of the Lowrance 5.0 update? I know it's for lowrance's smart steer obviously, which I plan to buy in the future. But I can't seem to find any you tube videos on how to use it? If anyone knows of any please post.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:35 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Naturenut, I had the same problem. I disconnected all device on the NEAMA2000 network and reconnected them. I must have connected the gateway back correctly by accident as you decribed. The HDS7 gen 3 then recognized only one needed software upgrade. After the upgrade the xi5 reasponded as it should. I can also control the xi5 with my iPad. I can monitor the HDS sonar and gps with my iPhone. BATMAN

banner ad
banner ad