Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Navionics vs Lakemaster
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:44 am 
Walleye Angler

Hi guys.
I am sure that this has been brought up before but I couldn't find anything. I am getting a Helix 7 DI GPS G3 and was looking for input on which cards people like better. I only have experience with the Navionics. I can get the Helix with the Nav Plus card included with it for a nice discount. And why would Humminbird include a Navionics card with there stuff when they make Lakemaster??? I fish the back lakes around Kingston and plan on heading out on lake Ontario more now that I have a bigger boat.
Thanks for your help

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:50 am 
Walleye Angler

Decided to just get the helix 7 package that includes the Navionics Plus card. Then the card only cost about $70 over buying just the finder. And found a bonus! I bought it from Sail online and if you sign up for their newsletter you get 10% off you first purchase. That was another $83! Nice!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:22 pm 
Walleye Fry

GAP wrote:
Decided to just get the helix 7 package that includes the Navionics Plus card. Then the card only cost about $70 over buying just the finder. And found a bonus! I bought it from Sail online and if you sign up for their newsletter you get 10% off you first purchase. That was another $83! Nice!

Good choice and great deal! There is no card that has the number of lakes that the Navionics Plus card has on it. Some of the larger bodies of water may be comparable but if you fish smaller bodies of water as you stated then you made the right choice! You can also update it for FREE for the first year! Best of luck!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:55 am 
Walleye Catcher

Wouldn't go near Navionics. Check out the C-maps from Lowrance, they look great or i would wait for Garmin to sort out Navionics

Navionics ChartInstaller is a joke when you try to update cards, if it at all works. Their support is horrible, then add 100$ per card yearly membership after you already paid for it just for updates that you won't even notice.

I haven't priced C-Maps or the fees either, but they look great. My experiences with Navionics have not been good !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:55 am 
Baitfish

I have navionics for my Helix 7 as well, only thing I don't like is the depth highlight only works on Lakemaster. You can shade deep only on the navionics.

Post subject: Navionics vs Lakemaster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:47 pm 
Walleye

Jonnyt123 wrote:
I have navionics for my Helix 7 as well, only thing I don't like is the depth highlight only works on Lakemaster. You can shade deep only on the navionics.

If I’m not mistaken I think you can actually do it on lowrance units with the Navionics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:36 pm 
Guppy

I'll be purchasing a Helix 7 or 8 shortly, but I'm leaning toward the Lakemaster Map chip as it will work with my (Terrova) i-Pilot link, whereas the Navionics won't.
I'm a bit bummed about it as I think the Navionics chip shows shows a lot more lakes in Ontario. Hopefully LakesMaster will soon upgrade the number of Lakes shown. I think they are Version 3 (Ontario) already. Can't come soon enough.

Stay Safe,
Cheers,

banner ad