Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Helix 7 SD Card
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:54 pm 
Minnow

I bought a Helix 7 SI last year and am still figuring it out. I have navionics card with it, however, I am interested in an SD card for mapping lakes that are not one navionics. However, I've never done it before and am a little confused as I google which card to get. My understanding is that I need a zero line SD card and software if I wanted to transfer it to a computer. I found something like this on Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Humminbird-600033-1-AutoChart-Xero-Line/dp/B00S3TU2F8/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=autochart%2Bzero%2Bline&qid=1622227509&sr=8-3&th=1 however, I am still confused. Some comments say it works for autocharting. Other people say it has southern US lakes on it and won't autochart.

Can someone link me to something that will work?

Post subject: Re: Helix 7 SD Card
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 6:34 am 
Baitfish

As per https://www.sail.ca/en/humminbird-autoc ... roEALw_wcB it looks to be the same. Looks like Amazon just had the wrong description, id take the deal on Amazon. Depending on how much you want to chart the Helix has room built in to it. I haven't filled it up yet charting around Wellers and the Bay. Cheers

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: Helix 7 SD Card
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:03 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Mserviss,

While on a Helix 7 gps screen select menu and turn on Autochart. Start driving alone in parallel runs about 25 ft apart over structure you want to create a detailed chart. Just idle along. Contours of the location will start to show up. If contours do not join up as expected start running perpendicular to you original horizontal runs. As long as you are doing small areas the Helix will record and save your auto-charting.

In your case, you just turn on autochart when you want to view the charts created by the Helix. Turn off autocharts when you are not in locations you don't want to create charts. If you leave autocharts on all the time you use up all of the Helix autochart memory.

If you want to record large areas or modify autochart recordings you could buy the zero line card. Zero line card could hold all the auto charts you would ever want. It also comes with the software for a PC that allows you to modify or enhance charts recorded. You can also save area with file names. Then can load specific name areas onto your helix with a zero line card.

BATMAN

banner ad
banner ad